Thirty Six

! +18  !

Chishiya woke up in the afternoon, tired and with no will to actually start cleaning his place. He had to though. Living with trash around was disgusting.

"Good morning, Chishiya. How's your day off? Are you still hanging out with your friend? :)"

His phone lit up with a message from Kyuma. It was visible he wasn't comfortable seeing Chishiya hang out with someone else, especially since Banda leaned on him right when Kyuma looked. Chishiya sensed he didn't believe one bit in that "friend" part. Funnily enough, it was only a lie because Chishiya didn't like Banda enough to call him even that.

"Just woke up. I met my friend by accident and we split quickly, he's not as fun to be around as you :)"

Chishiya hoped that would work. Comparing watching bats to absolutely destroying the game he definitely had a better time with Banda but he wouldn't admit it. He didn't want to, even in front of himself.

"Good luck at work." He added. There was no response, however.

Cleaning his apartment took a while, Chishiya forgetting about the fact he hasn't eaten. The room looked brand new but his mood was affected by the lack of food. He decided to get groceries and entering the store was when his phone started to ring.

"Mr. Banda" Chishiya murmured to the phone while walking around the aisles.

"You didn't ask if I got back safe and such. What a disappointment" Banda said amused and Chishiya rolled his eyes.

"I was too busy sleeping."

"Well, I'm just letting you know no one saw a thing so you're not getting fired yet." Banda's voice turned more serious. "If you like your job you shouldn't do that again though. Also, the prison's director will find out I'm awake, eventually. Maybe it's good to just tell him now. Everyone keeps wondering why there's no guards sent to watch me."

"I haven't informed them because I want you to get better without the stress of guards walking around" Chishiya lied. He had no idea why he didn't call the prison yet. Something was just telling him not to. He knew once they saw Banda got better they would bring him back there, preparing the death penalty again.

"Mhm." He heard from the speaker.  "I trust your choices, doc, you're responsible for me after all."

"Mr. Banda I'm going to hang up, I'm in the middle of something."

"Doctor, have we met before?"

The question made him stop in the middle of the store, staring into nothing in shock. Have we? He didn't rememeber. It would explain Banda's presence in his dreams though. I'd remember if I hooked up with a man, wouldn't I? Chishiya wondered if Banda asked because their dreams were similar.

"I don't think so, why are you asking?" Chishiya continued walking, not wanting to be nudged by other customers.

"I don't know, I feel like I've seen your face before-" Banda stopped, as Chishiya added "is it the dreams?" at the same time as he spoke. The killer sounded amused. "What dreams, doctor?"

Chishiya realized it was a stupid question and assuming Banda would have the same dreams was a mistake. Things like that don't happen. And now he made Banda curious about something he wouldn't dare saying out loud.

"Forget about it."

Chishiya hung up and finished picking whatever he wanted to see in his fridge later that day. He might've bought too much food but he didn't want to bother walking to the store again soon. He got home, unpacked everything, then decided to call his mom to make sure they were doing okay. A lazy day that didn't bring anything other than a tremendous amount of sleep. And some cooking, finally.