Twelve

Banda moved away from Chishiya before the younger man regained consciousness. He left him for a bit, still asleep by the tree, and walked around the forest, looking for berries, animals or anything edible enough that could keep them going. He knew it was insanely important to find a water source as well but didn't want to walk too far away from Chishiya yet. Not when he was still unconscious anyway.

Should I just leave him there? Maybe actually kill before doing that?

The final game with him was Banda's biggest goal but without a good shelter it'd be hard to take care of two people at once. He didn't want to be his babysitter for as long as he already was.

In a cold morning like this and with his clothes damp Banda couldn't stop shivering. He walked slowly, carefully placing his feet on the ground to avoid making more noise. It didn't look like there were any animals nearby, no matter how hard he tried to sneak around. 

He found a bunch of berries and put them all inside his pockets, stuffing however many could fit. Luckily, as he was about to leave, he spotted a wet, empty backpack on the ground - not much to do with, but definitely made Banda pack more berries than what he could carry. It wasn't the best or most nutritious choice, but it was definitely the only one they've had.

Chishiya woke up, staying still and giving himself a few minutes to find the energy necessary to get up before even moving a muscle. He then realized he was alone, and thought maybe that was finally the point when they split. 

Oh well. 

He'd probably be sadder if Banda hadn't threatened him so often before. Since their main shelter and supplies were gone why would they even stick together anymore anyway? Banda still had that game idea in mind but Chishiya really just wanted bandages and food, nothing else.

Chishiya went deeper into the forest, looking around for anything that could help his current situation get better. In his state it was better to stay away from the city and its main street, just for a bit. Who knew what Niragi and his group intended on doing anyway?

He walked for a while, feeling his sore throat silently beg for water. The moment he saw the river crossing that forest was probably the most joyful second he'd experienced ever since winning Solitary Confinement.

Chishiya immediately walked up to its banks, drinking some of the water and cleaning his face. It felt refreshing but not too pleasant - every inch of a fabric on his body was already wet and cold.

"Why'd you move?"

Banda walked up from behind the trees, his blue shirt wet and dirty, with an unknown to Chishiya backpack hanging off his shoulder.

"I didn't know where you went. I thought I'd finally have some peace" Chishiya replied. He had to admit he did feel a crumb of relief seeing he wasn't alone after all.

"Fair enough. I went to search for food." Banda sat next to him dropping a backpack on the ground between them. He then leaned towards the river and gathered some water in his hands, sipping it in silence.

"Berries?" Chishiya unzipped the backpack and looked inside. "Do you even know if they're poisonous?"

"They look similar to blueberries, so."

Chishiya looked at Banda with visible doubt in his eyes. Fuck if they were about to die from poisoning after all they've experienced in Borderland already.

Banda grabbed a few berries and, without breaking the eye contact, ate those with no emotion to his face.

"See? All good."

Chishiya still didn't feel convinced but the hunger took over and that was all he needed to change his mind. He took one of the berries, carefully squeezing it between fingers first. He decided to only bite off a tiny piece, just to make sure.