One

Cold wind sneaked through every open window as the sun was slowly starting to rise. It had been at least a few days since Chishiya started to wander all by himself, and it didn't seem like it was about to change anytime soon. Borderland looked just as empty as it did a while ago when he first appeared in there; he knew others lived out there, somewhere, trying to survive. Chishiya, however, didn't really feel the need to search for allies.

Why would he? It didn't cause much pain to see people die if you haven't said a word to each other in the first place. It would probably be good to have someone else take care of food and water though, wouldn't it.

Ah, and that injured arm of course.

Chishiya stopped suddenly, when the dizziness made him fall on the ground. Good thing mornings were pretty warm lately; at least he didn't freeze to death just yet. He knew he needed food, and possibly some bandages, but he couldn't find anything in the area for at least two days. Not surprising. First stop at Borderlands was definitely the closest grocery store anyone could find in the beginning. It was so surreal then. An empty world, just for them. Each and every corner of Tokyo available, unlimited freedom. A few dead bodies here and there. Couldn't ask for more.

Did it get dark again? Or were his eyelids just insanely heavy all of the sudden?

Honestly though, it wasn't that bad. He never left the empty building so the sun didn't bother him that much when he had a roof above his head. He could even take a nap in there. Like right then.

All the energy left his body and he knew he shouldn't be giving up on looking for food but he couldn't help it. His body was too heavy to move. Just a short nap would be alright. It surely would.

"Enjoying the floor a little too much?"

That voice sounded familiar, but Chishiya couldn't recognize it really. At this point it was probably his imagination. Maybe his own will to live was saying goodbyes. Or maybe his starving body tried to stay ironic for a little more.

Well, his imagination definitely couldn't grab him from under his shoulders and drag him to the nearest wall where his back could rest. Unless?

"Ah. So you're actually alive."

Chishiya managed to open his eyes for a split second. All he could see was a man squatting in front of his tired body, with a subtle smile on his face. Huh. That must've been his imagination for sure. The Jack of Hearts game ended a few days ago, what would the serial killer guy do in the same area now? What was his name. Fuck.

"Look at you. Your lips are so dry. You got seriously dehydrated, didn't you?"

Chishiya felt a warm hand touching his cheek. Not as pleasant as it sounded, but pretty real for an imagined physical touch.

What was his name again? Chishiya definitely recognized him. That blue shirt resting on the broad shoulders matched his eye color a whole lot. Those eyes followed Chishiya for a while in the last game so he definitely couldn't forget. Man. That was a good game, Jack of Hearts. Getting along with other manipulators was just too enjoyable sometimes.

"Banda? Or hallucinations?" he asked, closing his eyes once again. He didn't think he could keep them open any longer.

"Hallucinations sound better, honestly."

Chishiya didn't hear anything else, passing out in an abandoned building.