Eight

Now how do I make it less awkward the next time we see each other? Because there's no fucking way it won't be awkward.

Chishiya needed a few hours to get himself back to normal while also lay in bed, thinking. Probably about how he didn't think just a while back. He knew it was stupid. Jesus. Maybe he should've just left. Now that he knew where Banda stored his supplies Chishiya could take them and leave. This whole final game promise sounded weird to him anyway.

If Chishiya got lucky he could avoid him and run through the underground, getting closer to Shibuya. The only problem was that he had no clue where Banda was and how long until he'd come back. It could be any minute then.

On the other hand maybe Banda did want him to leave anyway. After what happened in the basement Chishiya couldn't imagine they'd just carry on with whatever it was; maybe Banda would be relieved if he disappeared. Maybe that's what he'd force him to do once he'd come back.

Alright, fuck him.

Chishiya went down to the basement, feeling a little flustered once he remembered what had happened there just a bit ago. He had to leave, quickly.

He couldn't find any bags or baskets to carry things in so he took packets of food and squeezed them into the pockets of his hoodie and trousers. After that he took a water bottle, deciding to just carry it in his hand; it'd be easier to find a river to refill one bottle than to find a whole lot of packed dry food later.

He opened all the cabinets and drawers but couldn't find any weapons except for a bunch of blunt kitchen knives, absolutely useless. Chishiya closed everything and then checked the bed. God, Banda is so stupid.

Chishiya took the blades from under the pillow and placed them behind his belt. He made sure nothing important was left behind before leaving the dark room. He decided to use a back exit, leading to the pond, since the path continued with thick bushes around it. Chishiya knew there was a chance he'd meet Banda on the way but he didn't; he got lucky for once, like the world tried to repay him for whatever mistakes were made earlier.

The outside was slowly getting darker, though the sunset led Chishiya exactly where he wanted to go. If he'd manage to get to Shibuya before it got completely dark he could find a good shelter and figure out his next game. He hadn't joined one in a while anyway.

Borderland was very quiet most of the time. And in situations like that one hearing a gun click right behind his ear got him real scared. He felt the soul leave his body then hop back in.

"Now aren't you a rude little bitch, Chishiya." He heard behind him as the barrel touched the back of his head. "One orgasm in a lifetime made you way too cocky."

"Don't know what you mean? I'm just taking a walk" Chishiya tried to play it off but Banda scoffed.

"Yeah, while trying to fuck off with my stuff. Have some decency and shut up before I blow your brains out."

Chishiya froze but fought the urge to turn around and look at him. Maybe he should've just played a fall-in-love scenario instead. It could've worked after he nearly got railed in the basement. Instead, he was about to gain an extra hole in his skull.

"Whatever you say. Why did you torture the Jack of Hearts with a knife if you had a gun on you this whole time?"

"Well it's not much fun with guns, is it?" Banda pressed a barrel harder against Chishiya's head. "One pop and it's over. I'd be rather fine if your head exploded though. Turn around and walk back to the hospital. I'm not gonna scare animals away with your death here, I wanna hunt for dinner later."