76: Going Home

The wood and steel that fell from the ceiling thumped to the ground, and it took a while for them to stop.

After the dust settled, there was a brief silence in the warehouse. White granular dust was floating in the air. The electric light above the head was half destroyed. At this time, only a few other lights in the distance provided illumination.

A few meters away from the collapsed area, Li Xinghe sat on the ground with his hands on the ground, staring at the steel beam that almost hit him in shock.

"I almost burped..." Li Xinghe calmed down for a long time, then raised his hand to calm himself down, and then untied the wire rope tied behind his back.

Time goes back to some time ago, when Si Haolan and Li Xinghe met alone.

"I asked Colin to make me a signal capture device." Si Haolan sneaked out to meet Li Xinghe and told him his plan.

"What is that?" Li Xinghe didn't understand.

Si Haolan tried his best to explain: "I consulted Colin. The system may be just a simple photoelectric signal. It appears in this world through constant reorganization. As long as the material of the affinity signal is used, the system can be attracted and captured. Probably That's right."

It was very difficult for him to say it. He didn't know much about this aspect. He just thought that the system was high-tech, and Colin was good at mechanical and material science, so he tried to hide the key information and discussed the matter with Colin that day. Can he do it? Something like a device capture system, Colin replied, is feasible.

Li Xinghe obviously didn't understand either, so he thought for a while and said, "Anyway, you can give it a try."

Si Haolan nodded and continued: "The problem now is, how to force the system out." After saying that, he looked at Li Xinghe eagerly.

Li Xinghe had a bad feeling: "...what are you watching me do? The system is obviously a little afraid of you, so it would be safer for you to take action."

Si Haolan said: "But the system is in the dark, so controlling the supporting characters in the book is a headache, and the timeline keeps advancing, and it will soon be the day when Colin died of illness in the original book."

"After all, you're still worried about him." Li Xinghe said sourly. The dog food didn't taste good at all. "Okay, what do you want me to do?"

Si Haolan said: "The system is afraid that the plot will be distorted, so it wants Colin to die. So there is another situation where he will take action, that is, when the protagonist is threatened, the plot will also be distorted if the protagonist gets into trouble."

Li Xinghe was stunned for a moment, then understood what he was thinking, and said, "Do you want me to be used as a bait to lure out the system? You are also the protagonist. If something happens to you, you won't be able to escape the plot."

Si Haolan nodded and said, "The system is so trusting of me that I hate it. I haven't figured out what's wrong with me yet. I can't do it, but you can. I have long discovered that the system is particularly nervous when you are in danger."

"You are trying to trick me! Mr. Haolan!"

Then Zhengyi's partner Li Xinghe was still tricked. They made complete preparations before coming today and equipped Li Xinghe with various tools, most of which were moved from the crew, even bulletproof vests.

Then Si Haolan installed the signal capture device made by Colin into Martha's body, and ordered Martha to turn on the power system when she heard the command.