𝟰𝟰

Home | LA, California          12:04 pm———————-

Home | LA, California      12:04 pm
———————-

Diara and Jace laid in their bed watching a movie as Nevaeh slept peacefully in her room.

"JJ." Di lifted her head up and Jace hummed, looking up at her as he laid on top of her.

"What you think about Nevaeh going to preschool? I mean she just turned 4." Diara asked and Jace instantly mugged her.

"No, my daughter gone stay here 'til she legally gotta go." He shook his head, glancing back at the TV.

"You don't think she should start hanging around other people her age?" She raised a brow at him.

"She got Nique, and Cari, and Zy." He listed off, trying to hide the mug on his face.

"Other kids, baby. She act so shy around the rest of them unless her cousins or any other family with her." She tried to reason.

Jace sighed, knowing she was right. He just didn't like the fact of his daughter going away all day to be cared for when he was perfectly capable of taking care of her.

"Ion know, Di. Ima have to think on it sum more but ion wanna put her nowhere right now." He shook his head and she nodded.

"Okay, we can talk more about it later." Di nodded understandingly before they went back to watching their movie.

That's something they both valued about their relationship. Since they had been together for so long they had found the perfect ways to communicate with one another.

They always approached topics in a calm manner and tried to put a hold in the conversation if they could sense the other one getting upset.

They never forced each other to talk and let the other take their time on coming to them with things and they loved it.

"Mommy. Daddy." Nevaeh spoke as she walked into her parent's room.

"Hey, mama." Jace immediately perked up, smiling at the sight of his daughter.

"You slept good, princess?" Diara asked her daughter as she climbed in bed with them.

"Yes, mommy. Hi, daddy." Nevaeh waved, acknowledging her father's greeting.

They adjusted how they were laying on the bed as Nevaeh was now cuddled up under Diara while Jace laid on Diara's chest.

"Mommy." Nevaeh called out and Di looked down.

"Hmm?" Di hummed and Nevaeh looked curious.

"How you met my daddy?" Nevaeh questioned.

Even though she was so young, she loved her parent's relationship. They always made sure they never showed her any issues they had with each other even over the simplest stuff.

They also tried to be a good example and set her standards high enough while she was younger and still learning so that she never settled for less when she got older.