𝟭𝟳

Hospital | LA, California        3:02 am———————-

Hospital | LA, California 3:02 am
———————-

"My niece is so pretty." I cooed, looking down at my niece.

"She was a lil facially challenged when she came out." Di said and Jace mugged her.

"My baby never been that." Jace mushed her head.

I was just getting back to my dorm after heading to waffle house with my friends when Jace called me, panicking and saying my sister went into labor.

Me and the guys hopped on the first flight here as Jace was already down here cause he is on paternity leave from the school.

I just got here about an hour ago and dropped my stuff off at my momma house before rushing over here.

"What y'all decided to name her?" I asked and Di smiled down at the baby in my arms.

"Nevaeh Sarai West." Jace answered and I smiled.

"Hey, baby." I cheesed at her, seeing she was starting to open her eyes. "You finna have a whole lot of family, mookie."

"A whole lotta loud family." Di mumbled.

"Who all been up here?" I questioned and Di sighed dramatically.

"Everyone! And they was all loud as hell and she was loving it. I had to kick them out cause I was getting a headache and me and my daughter was tired." She explained while I laughed.

"Don't be cussing 'round my daughter." Jace told her, looking back over at Nevaeh.

"I wish I coulda been here when you was going in labor." I said truthfully because me and Di had been talking about it for a while.

She always said she wanted me in the room whenever she gives birth but I couldn't get the time off from school.

I felt bad cause I assumed by the time I got here, she would still be in labor, but my niece said she not staying in that womb not no more.

"Where yo brother at?" I asked Jace and he looked up.

"Stuck up Melody ass." He answered and I straight faced him.