Chapter 64: Kasuki and Keira

____________

Deep within the confines of a dungeon enveloped in darkness, a young man with flaming crimson locks could be seen moving with stealth and caution, weaving his way through the treacherous corridors. He treaded carefully, ensuring that he avoided the menacing creatures and the tangled webs that littered the area.

Suddenly, he stumbled upon an open door situated at the far end of the room and enters. On one side of the room, a small pool of water glistened, while on the other side stood a sturdy, wooden chest, accompanied by a rusty sword dangling from a hook.

The room was empty, except for himself and the chest. There is only one way out of this room: the door at the far end.

He observed the area keenly, scanning the water with scrutiny before diving in. The icy coldness of the water gripped his body, leaving him trembling and paralyzed. But he was determined to succeed, his body emitted a bright red flame which covered him so now he could move more easily in the water.

Upon reaching the chest, he inspected the sword, recognizing its value despite its worn-out appearance, before turning his attention to the chest itself. It was a formidable piece of craftsmanship, and so he tapped it with his fingers and it entered into a ring on his finger. He then retrieved the sword and made his way out of the room through the entrance he came from.

After navigating through various paths, he finally emerged in a city-like chamber that housed a false sun in the sky. He walked towards the main square, where a colossal black tree stood, towering over the surrounding buildings. The air was suffused with the fragrance of blooming flowers, but the ambiance was far from tranquil. Everyone's face was filled with fear and the boy stared at those who had recently lost some body parts in battle, but he immediately ignored them and arrived at a dingy tavern

The tavern was a rudimentary brick building, with a red-tiled roof and vines snaking their way around the walls and roof. The exterior was forbidding and dull, constructed of rough wooden planks and stone walls. The windows were clouded and hazy, and there was an eerie stillness and lack of life from within.

As he pushed open the metal door, the young man was greeted by an oppressive silence and a room filled with watchful eyes. The bartender was cleaning a glass with a stained cloth, though it's not getting cleaner, making no effort to acknowledge his presence.

The inside was as dreary as the outside, with squared wooden beams supporting the upper floor, and the only source of illumination being the floating orbs of light that cast a faint glow across the room. The walls were laced with deep cuts and draped with cobwebs, evoking an ominous aura.

The tavern itself was almost completely deserted, with only a few individuals occupying the space. They looked haggard and defeated, some with missing body parts, while others appeared to be in a state of distress, being consoled by their comrades. The young man reached up to his face, his fingers touching the spot where his left eye used to be now empty and hollow. He spotted an older hazel-skinned teenage boy and a girl sitting beside him as they waved at him.

Kasuki sat beside Mina, his ruby eye gleaming with a warmth.

"Kasuki how are the dungeons so far?" Mina inquired, her voice betraying the anxiety that gripped her heart.

"Well, so far so good, Mina," Kasuki replied with a thumbs up. "I don't think there are any more hiding monsters, so we can advance forward." Beside them, the hazel-skinned boy let out a dry sigh.

"So we would leave this place?" he asked, his tone filled with resignation.

Kasuki looked at him nervously and nodded. "Do you want to live here, Zekiel?" Mina asked, to which Zekiel shook his head. "No..."