Chapter 128: Mike

Aurianna's words spilled out with a sense of deep unease, etched onto her face in the form of furrowed brows. "She's affecting my soul, and it's definitely not the good kind," she confessed, her discomfort painfully evident.

Eva, with an icy tone that matched her demeanor, she asked "She's back?" Aurianna nodded in response.

"I won't say she's back, but it's like she's devouring my soul," Aurianna admitted, her hand instinctively resting on her chest.

Eva pondered the situation, her lips pursed as she floated gracefully around the room. "This is bad," she murmured, her frown mirroring the gravity of the problem.

A note of worry crept into her voice as Eva continued, "I haven't seen a soul-devouring technique in ages, and removing them is a difficult task, to say the least."

Aurianna, her gaze fixed on Eva, managed to maintain a surprising degree of composure. "Is there any hope, Eva?"

Eva's response came with a reassuring tone. "First, I'll need to conduct some research with the system," she explained, her demeanor calming. "I promise I'll find a way to undo this."

Aurianna's gratitude shone through her smile as she looked up at Eva. "Thank you, Eva."

Eva's next words lightened the mood a bit. "For now, get some rest. It seems that Mike kid will be here soon," she chuckled.

Aurianna nodded and yawned, using her blanket to tuck herself in. "Guess I better rest."

Eva bid her farewell before disappearing from the room. However, as Aurianna settled in for some sleep, an unexpected system notification jolted her awake.

[ Congratulations on absorbing the soul of a Saintess. You've managed to weaken the seal on you slightly. ]

[ You've acquired the strength skill 'Platinum Body.'

| Your body turns as tough as platinum for a brief period. | ]

[ You've acquired the strength skill 'Berserker.' ]

[ You've acquired the strength skill 'Enhance.' ]

[ You've leveled up from 410 to 411. ]

Aurianna's inner thoughts revealed her dissatisfaction. "That lady turned out to be pretty useless after all. Not even worth enough XP," she grumbled, her disappointment evident on her face.

"I suppose I didn't benefit from the healing skills because I already had healing and revival skills, bummer. But these skills she has that I received, doesn't sound like those a Saintess should have. Who knew other Saintesses could be fighters," Aurianna sighed, her gaze fixed on the ceiling.

"What's more, taking Chatel with me would have been a terrible idea. With her importance, her body could have been rigged with a tracking spell. I can't risk endangering Vatium and the others by letting her stay with them without knowing how to remove the spell. Eva could have helped but she's a Saintess so the church would probably know. Besides, her magic aura was dwindling, making her quite useless to me. But at least her soul was delicious!" Aurianna mused with an evil grin, her mouth practically watering at the memory.

_________

Eva sat in her personal space, her gaze fixed on the expansive white screen before her, and voiced a pressing concern. "System, what's the status of Aurianna and Leila? Can we fix their current condition? Leila's collapse did not go unnoticed, luckily I separated my body into two to keep an eye on both of them."

The System replied reassuringly, [ You don't need to worry; I shall attend to the matter.]

Eva's skepticism was palpable, her arms crossed and an arched eyebrow conveying doubt. "Can you truly guarantee that?"