Chapter 133: Duke Huns' Fury

"Aurianna Vanluad killed Russel," Duke Huns spoke coldly as his brown eyes were dark and he scanned his people across the room with a furious gaze.

Zorian, his son, confirmed his father's words, "Yes, Father, it was indeed her."

Duke Huns couldn't contain his frustration. "That troublesome brat!" he roared, unleashing a powerful blow that shattered the office wall to dust, leaving a huge hole on his wall. He roared loudly causing the foundations of the office to tremble tremendously.

He turned to Zorian, seeking answers. "Has her body been taken to the healers, Zorian?"

Zorian nodded, though the news was far from comforting. "Yes they healed her body, but since there's no Saintess in our continent there's no way to revive her."

With a heavy sigh, Duke Huns sank into his chair, his anger slowly subsiding, "Then I'll arrange for her to be transported to the Nobolia continent for revival."

Zorian wasn't so optimistic. "I fear that may be a futile action, Father."

Duke Huns furrowed his brow, his frustration evident. "Why do you say that?"

Despite their blood connection, Zorian bore little resemblance to his father, except for their shared brown eyes, a fact that Duke Huns didn't particularly favor. He didn't have the same robust build as his father and appeared on the lean side. Zorian's delicate features resembled that of his mother Duchess Huns which his father wasn't very fond of. What's more he spoke with a graceful and calm tone, which always seemed to hide something, which made Duke Huns despise him more since he wasn't as honest as Russel.

Zorian explained his findings with a calm gaze. "I already did some investigation and from the maids, they claimed she was wearing shoes that looked like combat gear. And if my hypothesis is correct it means she's wearing the shoes that grants her the to render a Saintess' ability useless."

The wrinkles on Duke Huns' face deepened, giving him a fearsome appearance. But Zorian remained composed in his father's presence.

"Have you uncovered her motive for killing Russel?" Duke Huns inquired, his mind was now in a calmer state.

Zorian shared the insights he had gathered. "Unfortunately, I haven't found her motive. But the girls who attended the tea party claim Russel continuously provoked Aurianna."

Duke Huns nodded, as he had begun to understand the situation. "And her reason?"

"They said she was defending Prince Ralph from Aurianna's bullying and was also envious of the princess," Zorian revealed.

Duke Huns sighed deeply, rubbing his temples as he contemplated, "I see it clearly now. My dear daughter acted to protect the boy she loved. Who would have thought the princess could be so unreasonable?" His gaze shifted to an image on his desk, a memory of Russel sitting on his lap, smiling.

The mere thought of Aurianna's actions caused him to tighten his grip on his trembling hands.

Duke Huns leaned back in his chair, "Aurianna and prince Ralph were never on good terms and that talented boy became a shadow of himself as the years went by and it was all because of his sister," Huns said lightly with a displeased look. 'I planned for both of them to get married since Russel loved him alot. I should have intervened earlier and stopped his bullying, I thought as a young man some things he must solve himself.' He thought.

"Where are her files?" Duke Huns inquired, extending his right hand casually.

"Right here, father," replied Zorian, handing Duke Huns a scroll.

Without hesitation, Duke Huns opened the scroll, revealing mesmerizing light of text and images that jumped out of the scroll and suspended in the air around him. "Aurianna Vanluad, aged nine, the first daughter of Queen Amber. She's a rather selfish, unhinged, and materialistic young lady. Among all the princesses, she has killed innocents due to them annoying her. Mistakenly killing bystanders on her mission. And ruthlessly killing criminals who deserved trials. But what makes her weird is that no one is able to know what she's thinking because she always acts strange. Talks to herself acts without care about the consequences, abuses her power to suppress nobles," Duke Huns muttered as he perused the information presented before him.