49. a whole thing

"Excuse me?" Maddi says to no one when her mouth catches up with her mind. But Lucas is already somewhere else getting ready for his date with Jas.

Priya pops her head around the door frame to the bedroom. "Everything okay?"

She turns her wide-eyed gaze to her friend, her mouth agape.

Priya rushes to her side, "What happened?"

She lets out an incredulous laugh. "Lucas has just banned me from taking Noah out on a date."

Priya gasps, "Excuse me?"

"That's what I said!" She storms into the bedroom with her friend on her heels. "I can't believe he's done that!"

"Done what?" Bobby asks as the rest of the Islanders look toward her expectantly.

Maddi shakes her head but Priya fills them in. "Lucas has banned Maddi from taking Noah on a date."

Noah blinks in confusion. "What?"

"What the fuck?" Lottie scowls.

"I don't want to talk about it," Maddi sighs as she flops onto her bed.

"You can take whoever you want on your date, Mads. He has no right to control you like that." Noah says angrily.

She snaps at him, "He's not controlling me, Noah. Back off." She immediately regrets her outburst when she sees the hurt in Noah's eyes. "I'm sorry, I--"

"Don't worry about it," he storms out into the Garden with Ibrahim on his trail.

Maddi covers her face in her hands and groans. "I fuck everything up and I'm so mad over it."

Hope sits on the edge of her bed. "If you want to take Noah on a date just to say 'fuck you' to Lucas, I'll fully support you." she offers her a sad smile.

"Ha," she shakes her head in disbelief. "Can you imagine how mad he would be?" She fiddles with the hair tie on her wrist. "But no, I appreciate that, but I can't take Noah. I'm not going to make things worse for everyone."

"Are you and Lucas okay?" Priya asks softly.

"Yeah, we're golden," she says flatly.

"You lot should have heard them in the shower just a minute ago," Gary smirks.

"Gary!" Lottie shouts at the same time Priya yells "Get the fuck out of here, Gary!"

Maddi smiles as he turns red in the face and saunters out into the garden. "He's such a twat. I love him."

Lottie sighs and sits at the end of the bed. "So what are you going to do?"

"Not take Noah."

"But that just makes what he did okay, and it wasn't," Priya frowns.

"You should take someone that he wouldn't necessarily be okay with, but not Noah so he can't get mad at you for it," Hope says with a mischievous smirk.

"Like who?" Maddi asks.

"Like Bobby!" Priya cheers.

"Me?" Bobby asks from the neighboring bed.

"Yeah!" Lottie exclaims. "You and Bobby have done bits and were coupled up from the beginning. He's not a harmless option, but he's not Noah! It's perfect!"

Maddi cringes, "I don't know... Don't you want to take Bobby?" she asks Priya.

She shrugs. "I'd be happy knowing you two get to have a fun date. Besides, I'm not particularly worried about you turning his head. I know he's all mine," she winks at him.