16. That was intense

The Islanders gather at the front door to send Hannah off. She arrives pulling her luggage behind her with Lottie at her side. Maddi can tell they've both been crying.

Hannah looks around the group, managing a fragile smile, "Well, I guess I'm leaving now." She goes around the group hugging everyone one last time. "Thanks for everything, guys. Even if it was only short. I hope we'll all keep in contact."

She closes her eyes and furrows her brow, raising one hand in a dramatic gesture, "Together we beat on, like boats in the current, into the future."

As she turns around to walk away, Maddi sees Hope and Marisol frown at each other, confused by her dramatic statement.

Hannah stops suddenly and turns back to the Islanders, "I think I see where I went wrong, now. And if I could have my time in here again... I'd do a couple of things differently."

There's a look on her face that Maddi hasn't seen before, but she turns and carries on walking before she can have time to place it. Was that a vengeful look? I guess we'll never know.

Maddi breaks the silence following Hannah's dramatic flare, "Bye, Hannah! I'll miss you!"

Hannah turns and waves everyone off as she walks down the drive, disappearing into the night.

There's a moment of silence after she's gone, and the Islanders begin to disperse. Lottie begins to cry, and Maddi pulls her into a hug.

"It's okay, babes," Maddi says, "It's goodbye for now, not forever."

Lottie sniffs and wipes her eyes, "I know. You're right. I'm just going to miss her so much."

"I know," Maddi smiles sadly.

Maddi and Lottie start to head upstairs to get ready for bed when Maddi feels a tap on her shoulder. She turns around to see an anxious looking Bobby. Lottie turns to see what's distracted Maddi and immediately frowns.

"Maddi," Bobby says gently, "Can we chat?"

Before Maddi can get a word out, Lottie says sharply, "No, she can't."

Lottie begins to pull Maddi up the stairs but Maddi pulls back, "No, it's okay." She turns to Lottie, "I'll be up in a minute."

Lottie begrudgingly saunters up the stairs to the dressing room, leaving Bobby and Maddi alone in the lounge.

"Can we go to the snug?" He asks, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Um," Maddi looks around, "Can we just chat on the couch here?"

"Sure, I just figured we could have some privacy."

"Here is good," Maddi walks over and sits on the plush couch, sinking into its deep cushions.

Bobby sits next to her, but leaves room between them. "So," he says, "I want to apologize." He looks expectantly at Maddi, but when she doesn't say anything, he continues, "I, uh, I know I should have gone about things better. I knew things with Priya weren't done, but I didn't realize how much I still cared for her until we were chatting today. I've missed her."

"It's okay," Maddi says. Mainly just to shut him up. She doesn't want to hear about how much he likes her best friend in the Villa. "You don't have to explain yourself. I get it."

Bobby's hazel eyes are searching Maddi's, "I didn't want to hurt you."

Maddi gives him a fragile smile, "I know you didn't want to, but you did, and we just have to move on now."

Bobby sighs, "I feel awful."

"Bobby," she says gently, "it is what it is. I'm not going to say everything is golden, because it isn't. Keeping me in the dark was a shit move, and you hurt me." He moves to counter, but she holds up her hand to stop him. "But," she continues, "It's not all on you. I knew I wasn't with you for love. If I'm being honest, I thought what we had was easy and uncomplicated, and I think that's why I wanted to keep it going. But you deserve love. So if that's what you hope to find with Priya, I'm happy for you."