Prologue

Grief isn't black and white. Just because you laugh doesn't mean you're happy. Just because you're not crying doesn't mean you're not broken.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey everyone! I'm Maddison, but everyone calls me Maddi. I'm 21, and I'm a musician from London."

Maddi turns on her bar stool and laughs as she sees her very own instagram feed being projected behind her.

"Oh look, it's me. And me. And there's me again," she says as she points at different images being projected. There are shots of her up on stage playing piano and cello, some sexy selfies, shots of her in her cap and gown from when she graduated, and a lot of her with her dog. "Wow, it's quite obvious I love my dog, innit?" She laughs.

"So, I've lived in London for almost a year now. I'm originally from Durham, but there's not quite as many opportunities for musicians like myself back home. But London is way more my vibe anyways," she says as she flips her long brown hair behind her.

"I wouldn't say I'm a homebody, because I pretty much go where the music takes me, literally. But I definitely love the days that I can curl up at home and watch movies with my best friend.

"If I had to pick one fruit to describe myself... oh shit that's hard... if I had to choose, I'd have to say a strawberry. They're adorable for one, super sweet, but they also can be a bit tart," she says as she winks at the camera. She leans forward as she laughs, showing a bit of cleavage. It's what the viewers want, what can she say?

"My past love life... well there really isn't much to say. I was with my ex for about 4 years, I think? We'd been together since year 10. We were engaged to get married at the beginning of last year, but some things happened. He told me he just wasn't in love with me anymore. Not sure what I did, but I haven't seen him since.

"I wouldn't say I'm here for a rebound, since it's been about a year and a half, but I will say I haven't dated anyone since him. So, I am a bit worried that it may take me a while to let someone in," she says as she puts her hands over her heart.

"I'm looking for someone who I can have great banter with while also able to be completely vulnerable with. I'd also love someone tall, but that's a bit cliche," she laughs.

With a shrug and an innocent look at the camera, Maddi says "I am here to find love. It's as simple as that."