18. Man-stealing hands

Maddi reluctantly follows Bobby to the snug, glancing behind her to see if anyone will save her... no one does.

Bobby stands by the snug and lets her in first. She sits on the end so she can see out to the kitchen, and so others can see her, too. He slides in right next to her, ignoring any feelings of awkwardness.

"So," he starts, "I wanted to apologize the right way, this time. I'm sorry, Maddi. I know you said last night that you're not mad or whatever, but I want you to know that it's okay if you are."

Maddi glances towards the kitchen and sees Noah leaning against the island, watching her. Everything is making her feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Thanks," she says.

He looks at her expectantly, but continues when she doesn't say anything more. "I also wanted you to know that I still care for you, and I would love it if we could be friends."

She gives him a gentle smile, "That sounds good. Let's be friends," she sticks her hand out for a handshake.

Bobby returns it with a slightly confused face, and Maddi gets up from her seat as soon as they pull away and leaves him in the snug.

She doesn't look back as she walks with a purpose towards the Villa. She doesn't even make eye contact with Noah, despite how much she wants to... he's off limits now.

But Noah doesn't let her get away with it, "All right, Maddi?" He calls after her as she passes the kitchen.

She waves her hand in the air without turning to look at him. "Golden!" she calls back.

She enters the Villa and is smacked with AC; it's a dramatic change to the Mediterranean heat outside. She makes her way to the lounge with the intensions of going to the Hideaway to play the keyboard, but stops short when she sees Lottie upset on the couch.

"Hey, hun," Maddi goes to sit next to her friend in the couch. "You all right?"

Lottie sniffs and wipes her eyes, "Yeah... it's just.. I'm having a rough day."

"Anything in particular happen?"

She fiddles with her finger nails, "Last night, I was really upset that Hannah left... and I was crying in the bathroom."

"Oh, Lottie!" Maddi leans in to give her a hug, "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, you had a lot going on."

"True, but I wish I had been there for you."

Lottie smiles sadly. "Anyways, I was in there and then Gary walked in... and he comforted me... and I guess we got caught up in the moment and we kissed..."

Maddi's eyes go wide as she makes the connection. "Oh! That must be why he exaggerated things with Marisol!"

Lottie groans, "Please don't tell anyone... I regret it so much."

Maddi gives her friend a comforting hug, "I won't... Now, do you want alone time or do you want to go sunbathe with the rest of the girls?"

Lottie looks around, "I'm pretty sure all the girls are upstairs in the dressing room."

Maddi whips out her phone from her mic pack and sends a text in the girls' group message to meet her on the sun loungers.

"Cmon," Maddi smiles as she pulls Lottie along hand in hand.

They make their way out to the lawn and Maddi sees that Noah has disappeared somewhere, and Bobby is still in the snug. She does her best to push them both from her mind as she and Lottie pick out sun loungers.