22. What about Noah?

Maddi and Priya arrive at the location of the dates and take in the view.

There are two small tables set up, about 20 meters away from each other, on a hilltop that looks out over a vineyard. Henrik is sat at their table, with a bottle of wine and two glasses in front of him. Lucas is sat at his and Priya's table with the same arrangement before him.

A flicker of jealousy sparks in Maddi over the fact that she's not the one going on the date with Lucas, but she quickly smothers it when she remembers Noah is back at the Villa. How he's waiting for her. How she can't wait to get back to him and wrap herself up in his arms.

Maddi and Priya squeeze each other's hands before separating and heading to their own tables. She arrives at her table with Henrik and gracefully lowers herself onto the seat with a smile.

"Hey there," she says.

Henrik beams at her, "Maddi," he takes her in, "You look stunning."

She blushes, "Thank you, Henrik. You're not so bad yourself."

She glances over at Priya and Lucas and sees them giggling about something. A frown pulls on the corners of her mouth.

"Thanks so much for coming," Henrik says, "I've really been looking forward to getting to talk with you one on one."

Maddi raises her eyebrows, "Wow, you're keen."

He smirks, "It's all part of my game plan. I'm going to be really over the top and flirty with everyone. Like what if I did this?"

He does an over-the-top wink that makes her giggle.

"Then," he continues, "you'd know I wasn't messing around, right? That's how you flirt."

Maddi laughs, "That's not really how I flirt... I don't know if it's working on me."

"Isn't it?" He furrows his brows, "It worked when I was doing it in the mirror earlier."

She lets out a loud laugh, "Oh my god, you're hilarious!"

Henrik laughs along, "I have to be, if I'm going to stand a chance with you. Us two new boys, we have to bring it."

"Consider it brought," she laughs.

"But seriously, though, it's weird, right? Us coming in like this? Because we both sort of know all about you guys already. Do you get me?"

"I get you. It's weird for me to think about it though. Like, I know nothing about you, but you know all about me? There goes my head spinning."

He laughs, "Right? Like, I know your name is Maddi and you're a musician for Her Majesty's Theatre, and on the first day you coupled up with Bobby and all that..." he sighs, "It's weird, like, being sat here with you, because you're already a celebrity to me."

Maddi laughs awkwardly, "I don't feel like a celebrity..."

"Yeah, that's what's so strange, because to me, you definitely are like a proper famous person at this point. The whole world knows who you are, who your ex is, why you broke up—"

"What do you mean 'Why you broke up?'" she asks quickly, her stomach dropping. "How would you possibly know that?"

Henrik shifts uncomfortably in his seat, "Uh. I'm not really supposed to talk about that."

"Well, too little too late for that," she snaps as she feels her heartbeat quickening.

"Um... well... Christopher kind of went and did an interview a couple days ago."

Maddi's eyes go wide and she can feel all the colour drain from her face, "An interview?! What did he say?"

Henrik looks like he wants to be anywhere but here, "Just that... well... that you changed after your mum died, and he didn't feel like he knew you anymore... but that he regrets breaking up with you to this day."