14. fucking Bobby

With the text announcement, Maddi is feeling anxious. Standing amongst the group with everyone's eyes on her, except the person she's coupled up with and his ex... it's not a good feeling. She feels like she needs to flee.

So flee she does. She casually exits the group and makes an excuse that she's just going to the loo. She walks to the Villa and the moment she escapes the eyes of the other Islanders, she sprints through the bedroom, through the lounge, and into the Hideaway before anyone can see her.

She enters the Hideaway and is taken aback again by how cutesy and romantic it is. The bed looks way too comfortable and she's tempted to flop down onto it, but refrains and makes her way across the room to the keyboard.

She sits gracefully down on the bench and slides her fingers across the silent keys. She turns it on and takes a deep breath before she begins to play.

The melody of Her by Ann-Marie flows from her hands. Memories of her mom flood her mind, and the heartbreak of her mom dying in front of her fills her soul. Maddi feels like she's breaking all over again as she begins to sing.

"When I think of my mother

No one compares to her

A love like no other

She puts everyone else first

And when I was younger

I treated her the worst

Never known someone stronger

'Cause damn it must've hurt"

Her fingers are dancing along the keys, playing a melody that she has listened to hundreds of times before after her mom passed. She feels her voice cracking and forces herself together.

"I don't see you as much as I used to

But if I did, I know what I would do

Tears stream down her face as she sings the next part.

I'd tell you I love you a million times

Say that I'm sorry if I made you cry

Could never be half the woman even if I tried

But I'll try, I swear I'll try

If someone puts me down yeah I know my worth

All thanks to you and the lessons that I've learnt

If I had to put it into words

I'd think of an Angel and all I see is her

All I see is her."

Maddi finished the song with a wet face and a sore throat. When she sings that song, she feels like she is actually talking to her mom. It's something she holds dear to her heart, and something that brings her comfort amongst pain.

After playing a few more melodies, Maddi collects herself before the mirror and heads to the door to the lounge. She takes a deep breath before slowly and silently opening the door. There's no one around, so she hastily exists the Hideaway and heads upstairs.

In the dressing room she runs right into Hope.

"Oh!" Maddi says, caught off guard. "Hey, Hope."

"Hey, Maddi."

"So when did you and Noah get back together?" Maddi blurts out, unable to keep the question to herself anymore.

Hope raises her eyebrows while she continues to reapply her makeup. "He came up to me this morning. We talked a bit before coming down, and we've decided to take things slow. I guess things with Priya weren't really working out."