32. Such soft cheeks

Maddi awakes the next morning to Noah's snores. He's in the bed next to her's and Ibrahim's, so it's fairly loud. How Hope manages to sleep next to him, is beyond her.

She looks around and sees Lottie snoring on her bed, and Rocco's gone. Marisol is pacing around the bedroom, running her fingers through her hair, frowning.

"Has anyone seen Rocco?" Marisol asks anxiously.

Lottie bolts up in her empty bed, "Who? I don't know anyone with that name. He's probably shedding his skin."

Lottie must have banished Rocco to the couch or daybed...

"I don't know what you're getting so worked up about," Marisol says. "It's only the first week. You're behaving irrationally."

Gary rolls onto his side, pulling the duvet over his head, clearly trying to block out the noise. It's too early for this...

"Loyalty is everything in the Villa, hun," Lottie smirks.

Marisol storms out of the bedroom without another word.

"Is she gone?" Gary says from under the duvet.

"Coast is clear," Maddi sighs.

"Well," he yawns. "That was pretty intense... I think I need a cuppa."

"Oh, Gary," Lottie coos, "you wouldn't make us a cup of tea, would you? I need to ready my leaves to see what my lovesick future holds..."

Gary laughs, "Alright, your highness." He turns to Maddi, "You want anything?"

She cocks her head and thinks out loud, "Hmmm," she hums. "Tea, please!"

Gary smiles, "Nice. Two teas coming up!"

Priya comes running into the bedroom, eyes wide. "Guyyyyys!!"

Maddi and Lottie both turn to see her out of breath. Noah and Hope suddenly sit up in bed. The other islanders all gather around, clearly having heard her shout.

"Priya, babe," Bobby yawns, "are you alright?"

"I got a text!" She cheers. She reads from her phone, "Girls, later today you will decide which boy is the most dateable. Guys, smooth out those manners and straighten out those lines. It's date or break time!"

Lucas sits down next to Maddi on her bed, "That is savage."

Ibrahim rubs his face in his hands next to Maddi, "I'm so going to screw this up."

Maddi gives him a comforting pat on the back, "You'll be grand, Rahim."

"Looks like the power is in our hands today, girls," Lottie smirks.

The boys groan. Everyone looks at Rocco who's standing in the back of the group. He opens his mouth like he's about to speak, but no sound comes out.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Priya laughs, "Go get ready!"

The boys rush off to the changing room, leaving the girls giggling in the bedroom.

Priya leaps next to Maddi on the bed, "This is going to be hilarious."

Maddi giggles, "I'm genuinely excited! I think they're going to do great."

"Rocco better not expect any mercy," Lottie snorts.

Maddi sees Marisol silently exit up the stairs.

"Maybe we should take it easy on him," Maddi says. "Marisol really does like him, and shouldn't we be there for her if he ends up hurting her?"

Lottie sighs, "I don't know. I'm too mad at Rocco."

The girls pile into the dressing room to get ready. Maddi and Priya are singing along to some One Direction, reliving the night before.