35. What's going on?

Maddi sits at her vanity attempting to put makeup on for the evening, but is lost in thought. Lucas left for his date with the mysterious new Islander and all she can think about is who she is and if he's going to fancy her more than Maddi.

"Maddi?"

"Huh?" She looks up and sees Priya sitting across from her.

"Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yeah!" She smiles, "Just doing my makeup!"

Priya gives her a concerned look, "You've managed to put eyeshadow on one eye, but you've been sitting lost in thought for the past five minutes."

She sighs, "Yeah... I just can't get out of my head. I was suddenly not so happy Lucas won today when he read the text..."

Priya gets up and hugs her from behind, "It's going to be okay. He's all in for you. You have nothing to worry about, babes."

"Yeah, but that's what Bobby said before he left me for you, so..." Maddi let's out a humorless laugh.

"Okay, that's different. Me and Bobby have history."

"What if Lucas and this new girl have history?"

Priya furrows her brows, "How about we just not jump to conclusions, and wait for him to get back? That way he can tell you exactly what's going on in his head."

"You're right..."

She gives her a kiss on the cheek, "Can I pick out your outfit for tonight?"

Maddi rolls her eyes playfully, "I suppose..."

She cheers and hops over to Maddi's wardrobe. She rummages through and selects a very special one. She holds it up and admires it.

"Oh my days, Maddi!" She squeals. "Why haven't you worn this yet?"

She sighs as she touches the sleeve of the dress, "It's very special... it was my mum's. I've been saving it."

"For what?"

When she shrugs, Priya thrusts the dress into her. "You're wearing this tonight."

She smiles, "I love you, Peach."

"I love you too, Berry!"

She slips on her mum's dress and admires herself in the mirror. The black dress falls just past her bum, and has a layer of sparkly sequence all over. It cinches at her waist like a skirt, with a one-shoulder top. The top has a slit on her side that goes from her belly button to the middle of her back, covering just below her breast. The sleeve is completely sheer, with an intricate design of sequences all down it and it flares out at her wrist. It's giving 20's flapper feels with a modern twist.

She steps out into the dressing room and all the girls turn to look in awe.

"What?" Maddi blushes at the sudden attention.

"You look... like perfection," Priya coos.

"Seriously, Maddi?" Marisol says in awe. "Give us a chance!"

She laughs, "But what shoes should I wear?"

"I'm thinking go all black with your black strappy heels," Priya says as she slips into her black lace dress.

"Priya!" Maddi squeals. "Go all black with me! Let's show this new girl just how badass we are."

Maddi and Priya link arms and head down the stairs together after getting ready. Their heels click in unison with each step. As they reach the bedroom they see Marisol surrounded by the other girls, staring down at her phone.