12. I want to

Maddi spends the rest of the night avoiding Noah by laughing with Priya and flirting with Bobby. Rocco is making drinks for everyone and people seem to be getting quite intoxicated. 

"Maddi, you sing right?" Lottie asks Maddi while they all sit around the firepit chatting.

Maddi is sitting in between Priya and Bobby on the end opposite Noah and Hope, while the rest of the Islanders are spread out in-between them.

"Yeah, I guess," she says questioningly. "Why?"

Lottie looks to Hannah, "Hannah and I were talking earlier about how fun it would be to have a karaoke night!" She exclaims.

Priya gasps, "Are you joking!? I would DIE!! I LOVE karaoke! We have to do that!" 

"Yeah!" Hannah cheers, "Except I'm not a very good singer. I think Maddi's probably the best out of all of us."

Maddi laughs, "I don't know if I'm nearly as good as you lot think I am. I mainly play piano and cello."

"Ah," Bobby says from her left, "So would you say piano and cello are your forte?"

Maddi snorts, "Yeah, I'd like to go on record and say piano is my favorite."

He chuckles warmly, "Oh, my dear. I'm going to get into treble with you, aren't I?"

"Oh my days," Noah laughs. "You two are just too much together."

"Noah, mate," Bobby says, barely suppressing a laugh, "Don't panic... unless you're at the disco!"

Noah rolls his eyes but there's a smile on his lips. He looks at Maddi who is failing to hold it together. "Don't you encourage him, Cheeky!"

Maddi laughs, "Was that a fret?" 

As Maddi and Bobby laugh into themselves, Gary gets up from his seat on the bench. "And on that note," his pun brings another wave of giggles from the two jokesters on the end. "I'm getting a drink."

"Wait," Noah jumps up from his spot, "I'm coming, too."

"Me too!" Maddi gets to her feet, but Bobby pulls her back down onto his lap.

"Don't leave me!" He fake cries.

Maddi giggles into his chest, "I'll only be a moment, babes. I'm refilling my wine and grabbing some crisps."

"Crisps?" He questions. "At his hour?"

Maddi gets up and puts her hands up defensively as she walks backwards towards the kitchen, "Hey, you're the one that told me I need to eat!"

"That's fair," he giggles, "Now turn around before you fall, again."

With a laugh, Maddi turns around and follows Noah and Gary into the kitchen. She walks up to the fridge and fumbles around for the wine bottle. Noah comes up behind her and peers in with her.

"Whatchya looking for?" He asks cheekily.

Maddi grins despite herself. He's leaning over her with his head next to hers. They're basically spooning in front of the fridge at this point. She shouldn't be this close to him. Not after the drama from earlier tonight.

"Topping off my wine," she smiles innocently. His body feels so warm and good against hers. She wants to lean back into him, but refrains like a good girl. She has to remember how hurt she felt earlier when Priya chose him.

"Mmm," he hums.

He gently places his hand on her back, right on her exposed skin. The touch gives her goosebumps all over and she has to step away. She turns around so he doesn't see her blushing... but Gary does.