21. We ready

Maddi is sat by the pool with Priya, Bobby, and Lottie. Bobby is going on about how he has perfect hands, despite being by ovens all the time with his baking. Maddi is zoned out, enjoying the sunshine.

"I bet Henrik has perfect hands," Lottie says.

Bobby's eyebrows furrow, "Have you seen them?"

"No," Lottie giggles, "But he's just perfect all around."

"What do you think Maddi?" Priya asks. "Who's better looking, Henrik or Lucas?"

Maddi doesn't even have to think, "Easy. Lucas is a bit of me, for sure."

Priya smiles, "Well, you can have him." She turns to give Bobby a peck on the cheek.

He blushes, "Where did the two new guys get to, anyway?" He looks around the Villa.

Priya turns to look too, "Yeah, they seem to have vanished off somewhere."

Maddi looks around and doesn't seem them anywhere... that's weird. She could have sworn she had just seen Lucas in the kitchen. She was trying not to be caught staring, so he must have gone off when she wasn't looking.

Beep beep

"Guys," Priya shouts, "I got a text!"

Lottie sits up straight. "What does it say?"

Priya reads, "'Islanders, new boys Lucas and Henrik have each chosen three girls to take on dates. The first girls chosen are...'" She looks up to the group.

Priya's phone beeps again.

"Oh my gosh!" Priya cheers, "it's me! I'm going for a drink with Lucas!" She's bouncing in place with excitement. Bobby's face falls.

Suddenly, Maddi's phone goes off.

She quickly grabs it and reads it, "'Maddi, you're going on a date with Henrik.'"

"Yes!" Priya cheers. She grabs Maddi's hand and hauls her to her feet, "Let's go get ready!"

The two girls laugh while they run across the lawn and into the Villa. In the lounge, Noah is sitting alone on the couch, seemingly deep in thought. He looks up at the girls when they run through the bedroom. His gaze falls on Maddi's cheerful face.

"Hey, you two," he says with a small smile.

Maddi stops running and lingers by the couch, "Hey, you."

Priya is already halfway up the stairs before she yells back, "Don't be long, Berry!"

Maddi giggles, "I won't, Peach!"

Noah looks from Priya back to Maddi, "Where are you two running off to?"

Maddi sways on her feet, "We're going on dates with the new boys."

Noah's face falls. He looks down at his phone again, "Ah. Of course."

Whether or not they've hurt each other, Maddi can't bear the awkward feeling between them any longer. She makes her way over to him and sits gently beside him, not quite touching.

"Are you doing all right?" She asks him.

He glances at her before adverting his gaze again, "Yeah, I'm just having some alone time."

"Oh, I can leave you be," she starts to get up.

He quickly grabs her hand and pulls her back down, "No!" He says abruptly before bringing his voice back down to say, "No. I'd love to chat, actually."

She gives him her best innocent doe eyes, "What about?"

He shifts uncomfortably in his seat and clears his throat, "Uh," he fumbles, "about you. And about me."