29. Me or Noah?

"What's going on, guys?" Maddi asks cheerfully as she sits on the edge of the daybed across from Lucas and Noah. She doesn't want them to know she's nervous as fuck for whatever conversation is about to happen.

"Maddi, do you still have something going on with Noah?" Lucas asks, eyeing her.

She furrows her brows and looks to Noah, who's sat there expressionless. "No. As of last night, Noah and I aren't anything."

"Did he end it or did you?"

Maddi feels her cheeks turning red. Why is she being interrogated like this? It's humiliating.

"He ended it, Lucas."

"I see," Lucas says, closing his eyes. "Are you okay with that?"

Maddi bites her lip, "Can we have this conversation in private?"

"No," Noah says, "I want to be here for it."

"Why?" Maddi gives him a pointed look.

He shrugs, "I'm tired of being the last to know about how you feel."

Lucas looks at Maddi, "Be honest with us here, okay?"

Maddi nods.

Lucas sighs, "Do you want to be with me or Noah?"

Both of them are eyeing her, waiting for her answer, but she honestly just feels shocked. Why on earth are they interrogating her like this? Making her choose on the spot. Also, Noah LITERALLY ended things last night, so why is he sat here waiting for her answer? She feels like running away.

"This is stupid," Maddi huffs. "I was trying to figure out my feelings last night when he," she points at Noah, "ended whatever we had going on."

Lucas nods along, "So if he were to tell you that he wants to be with you, you would choose him?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying at all," Maddi is getting antsy. "Last night my head was spinning. I hadn't made a choice. He made the choice for me. I don't know what I would have chosen on my own, but for me the decision is made. Lucas, you're the one that I want. I'm here," she puts her palms facing up in front of her, "putting all my eggs in your basket."

"Because Noah ended things with you?" Lucas asks.

"No!" Maddi shouts. "Jesus, Lucas. Listen to what I'm saying. Maybe him ending things did push me to you faster than what would have been, but the fact is, I want to be with you."

"So," Noah says, "let's say I reopened the door, right now. You would choose Lucas over me?"

Maddi looks Noah directly in the eyes as she says, "Yes. I'm choosing Lucas."

Noah's face falls, "Good thing I'm not opening that door, then."

Maddi rolls her eyes then looks to Lucas, "Anymore questions? Or am I free to go?"

"I'm sorry for interrogating you like this," Lucas says softly, "I just needed to know where I stand with you."

Maddi gets up from the daybed, "Yeah," she waves them off as she walks towards the Villa.

"Maddi, don't be upset," Lucas calls after her.

"It's fine, Lucas. I just need some alone time." She walk through the garden door and plops down on her bed.

Why does everyone need to know what she's feeling all the time? She doesn't even know half the time. Things with Lucas had been going good, couldn't he see that?

"Maddi," Lucas softly says as he opens the door.

"What?" Maddi groans as she remains flopped on the bed.