Season 5 Episode 27

Living With The Ribbon
A/N: This is an add on episode in between episode 26 and the real episode 27 of the show. It is a very important plot episode.
Trust me

April 29th, 2015. Wednesday.

"Girls, come on, get in here."

We all filed into the studio room.

"No pyramid this week, let's jump straight into assignments. This weekend, we are attending Energy Dance Competition. I am reusing an old routine, called Living With The Ribbon. Alyce, you will be the lead."

Abby: Alyce and Chelsea's father has been battling with cancer, and this Saturday he is getting a surgery to remove some of the last cancerous tumors in his brain. We are doing this dance as a dedication to him, and all other cancer patients out there.

"Chelsea, you will have a solo. It is called
"Papa Can You Hear Me?" It's lyrical. Alyce, you will have a solo, called Fight Song. Chelsea and Mackenzie will have a duet. I don't have a name for it just yet, but we'll work on it. Okay! Spread out, girls, let's get started on this group routine."

Living With The Ribbon was done in season 3 while I was on Broadway. The lead of the dance back then had been Brooke, and this time around Miss Abby was passing that title over to me.

The ribbon prop was white right now, not yet dyed the pink Miss Abby wanted it. We had to get a new one, the old one worn out.

I liked the acro skills I had in this dance. It felt fluid and controlled.

WEDNESDAY

"Your solo is called Fight Song. You need to potray what it's like to be battling with cancer, to be living with this, and then still having the hope. That's what we need from you, the hope of a better end. To beat the disease," I nodded along to Miss Abby, feeling my throat hurt as my eyes grew misty.

"Come here," She held open her arms and I immediately went in for the hug, "I know, I know, it's gonna be okay."

I nodded again, wiping my nose as we started the choreography.

Alyce: This dance is really important to me. All the dances this week are. They're for my dad, and I love him with all my heart, and I would want him to be proud of them.

"Like a small boat, in the ocean..."

The solo was a mix between contemporary, lyrical, and soft acro, and I was gonna be competing in the Preteen Open Category.

CHELSEA'S POV

I am so so so so soooo excited for Saturday. I have a solo, a duet with my best friend, and a group dance.

This week was kinda built around my dad. He has cancer, but not for long. Asher says that the surgery is to get rid of it. Then he gets better. I'm glad because he's been super tired, and he can't always play Barbies with me.

None of my little sisters can play Barbies very well. Riley doesn't follow the plot, Ava throws the dolls, and Emma tries to put them in her mouth. Asher and Avi do attend my weekly Thursday Tea Parties, and sometimes play Barbies. They let me play with them on their Xbox too.