Bullets (yikes) and Ballet

Maddie was the last person on the bottom of the pyramid. Her and her mom were upset, but she made a mistake. Normally, someone would’ve been the last on the pyramid.

In the second row, she revealed Chloe, then Brooke. She pulled off the paper of the highest person on the second tier, and it was me.

“Alyce, your dance was excellent, I want you to really give me emotion. This week, you’ll be doing a darker, more emotional solo. I want you to make everyone in the audience cry.”

I nodded, smiling at who I knew was on top.

“And on top of the pyramid, deservedly so, is Paige.”

We all screamed and cheered for her.

It was always exciting for someone’s first time on top.

Paige

Alyce  Brooke   Chloe

Maddie   Kendall   Nia   Mackenzie

In addition to my solo, Chloe and Maddie both had solos. Then, there was a trio with Chloe, Paige, and I. It kinda sucks that she’s on top of the pyramid but doesn’t have a solo.

Melissa: Uhm, it’s kinda upsetting that Maddie isn’t in the trio, and Alyve is but, you know, its just dance

Our group dance was private eyes, basically a remix of 007, a dance we’ve done before, with other ALDC members.

The day after pyramid, on our way inside, people were crowded at the entrance.

I kid you not, Jill bought Abby a bench. My mother sent me to the dancers den with Chelsea, laughing about it with Melissa, Christi, and Kelly.

Kendall was in the dancers’ den, looking very embarrassed.

“Did you see it?”

“Oh, we saw it,” Maddie said, laughing, and Kendall groaned. I felt bad for Kendall. Her mom was kinda crazy sometimes. Her dad was nice, though.

He plays tennis.

Me and Kendall were having a sleepover over on Thursday. Her mom was a lot less “brown nosy” when she wasn’t around Abby.

Her sister Charlotte taught me how to braid my hair with different colored threads. She said she learned from a friend who used to live in Malibu.

☆☆☆

“Okay,” Abby was going over my solo with me on Thursday. It was called Hold On, and Abby said it was about a girl who was suicidal.

“Do you understand what that means? You need to be sad and angry, to the point you don’t want to be alive anymore. You have a lot riding on you this week, you have the solo, the group, and the trio. Thats the kind of stuff Maddie does each and every week, and you nèed to be able to handle it. Got it?”

Oh, I got it alright.

I liked it when Abby explained the solos during our dancing. It was better than yelling.

“Remember your toes honey, and leap. I want that face. Someday, you’re going to be in a movie where you have to portray a character like this, and you’ll be prepared.”

Calypso, straddle leap, floor, look ahead, put head in heads. Hurt, Pain. Reach out, trip, and fall to knees.

“I know Maddie has the Maddie face. It’s pretty. You need to be in pain without worrying about being pretty. Always be confident, and you’ll be as beautiful as you can be. Lock your knees, now when you walk off the stage, I want you to look back, as if you’re scared.”