Guess Who Came Crawling Back?

Miss Abby called us into studio A for pyramid and began talking about last weeks dance. She was very happy that we won.

And then that happiness was washed away by a little hose named Jill.

She came into studio A and made Kendall stand with us. We all hugged her, which Abby reprimanded us for. She was upset. But Kendall got to stay for the pyramid.

She just didn't get to be on it.

Alyce: I'm glad Kendall is back because I've missed her. I hope we get to dance together.

"At the bottom of the pyramid, Mackenzie. When things are done in a contagion, and you do it so fast, it makes Paige and Nia look off."

Abby moved on.

"Next, Nia," she moved on with the critiques.

I was last on the bottom of the pyramid.

"Alyce. You haven't done a lot of dancing, but I thought you did okay in the group. You're not standing out to me."

Then, it was Chloe, then Chelsea.

"Chelsea. You did well in your solo, but we don't do second place. If you're gonna be on this team, you need to win. Especially when I can't put you into groups."

And guess who was on top.

I tried not to dwell on it too much, but I knew Maddie would always be the favorite.

"Maddie. You will be doing a solo this week, entitled "I can't find the words," Paige, you also have a solo this weekend. Your music is entitled creme de la creme. Nia, you have a solo this weekend. Your music is entitled working girl, and is by laquifa."

Nias dance had another version of this solo in Hawaii, and it wasn't aired. Actuallt, none of our solos that week were aired, only the two groups. When our dances weren't aired, we almost always did them again.

"And I have one last solo going to... Alyce. Your song is called "Cardigan."It's lyrical, and it's challenging. I want you on top of that pyramid, but I want you to earn it."

Debbie: I love how Abby says that, but every chance she has earned it has been snatched from under her feet.

Our group routine was about a vampire, and Abby was gonna bring in a boy.

"Okay," Miss Abby said, starting my solo rehearsal. There were 2 days to the competition, and we were starting fresh with choreography, "I want to incorporate the new moves you've been working on."

Abby went over the steps and would yell them as I went along.

"Turns second position, 1, 2, 3 illusion, side aerial... good, good, calypso to the knees. Push on that straddle. Use your face."

The song was about mixed signals in a friendship. A boy and a girl who live with each other but won't admit it.

"Okay so, when it says, "and I can play the part," your gonna Reach out this way, and put your leg up behind you, as if you were to do a needle. Then, go into an illusion. Then, how slow can you do a back walkover. Show me please, and time it with the music."

I did it slowly, as if I were just learning. It was weird because all my gymnastics tricks were always fast, it was closer to the kind of stuff Brooke did, but a mix of that and a "Maddie solo."

"Okay. Okay, that's good, that'll work," She said, dismissing me.

We finished the dance, and I was sent to the dancers' den where a handful of the others were.

I was really excited to be having a solo this week. And I was excited about recording my songs, like Miss Abby had said. I still had to pick some to sing.