season 3 episode 3

My mother signed the contract. The contract signing my life, and my sister's life, away to the Wicked Bitch of the East.

All of our moms did really.

You know what that means? Pyramid. Mother Frick Fracking pyramid.

Alyce: I missed dancing with my friends, but I didn't miss the pyramid...*shrugs her shoulders* I don't like pyramid

I changed into my dance clothes in the dancers den and waited for pyramid to start.

Kelly walked in with Brooke and Paige, handing Abby a contract.

Miss Abby told us that they had went to the competition last week while we were "sitting on our butts". Yay, getting punished for our mothers decisions again.

Sophia was the new girl (well, the only new girl who hadn't left. Who was driving away people now Abby.)

On the bottom row of the pyramid...was the 8 of us girls, everyone except Brooke, Paige and Sophia. Brooke and Paige weren't on the pyramid at all. Hopefully they would be soon.

Abby revealed the headshot on top, (obviously it was Sophia). We were told she won last weekend in her solo.

I looked over to her, "Good Job Sophia," I said, trying my hardest to show that I was being sincere. She smiled warmly back at me.

We were told that Sophia could do 54 turns, and then given a speech about loyalty.

Sophia, Chloe and Nia all had solos (yay Nia gets to dance!) and Chelsea had a duet with Mackenzie called Wannabe.

Our group dance was about being famous, and Miss Abbys "New Maddie" aka Sophia, aka one of the nicest girls I've ever met, was the lead.

I actually really liked Sophia. I wasn't sure how the other girls felt about her, but I thought she was nice, and talented, and funny.

And, she was really sweet about giving people tips and advice. She showed me the stretch routine she follows, and it's honestly really good (the whole thing is pretty long, but the parts she did with me were still really helpful).

My mom said her mom was really nice too. So, a nice mom with a nicer kid only meant one thing in the world of Dance Moms.

Sophia Lucia, unfortunately, wouldn't last too long.

Either, A- she's replaced by the producers for not causing enough drama, B- her mother realizes "oh wow, this woman's insane, better skadaddle", or C- Miss Abby burns the poor girl out, and she quits dance.

I really hoped it wasn't C. I knew what it felt like to lose passion for something you love.

But until Sophia was inevitably gone, we were gonna be the best of friends.

If you can't beat them, join them, as they say.

The moms were so super paranoid when it came to stage moms that they didn't trust Jackie (Sophia's mom). I couldn't understand why. The woman baked some amazing brownies.

Why would I know that? Oh, because Sophia invited me over for dinner on Thursday afternoon. Like for real, no reality TV involved.

Her mom didn't stop being nice when the cameras stopped rolling. In fact, they were both a lot less timid.

Sophia told me that her voice got high when she was nervous, because of her anxiety. I definitely had some type of anxiety, the kind that makes you think your doing everything wrong all the time. And that everyone hates you because of it.

"Miss Abby told me I should take voice lessons, to fix my voice."

"Okay, first of all," I said, "don't listen to anything Abby says that isn't a technical critique. Second of all, it has more to do with being anxious than how you talk in general."

"Well...I don't know how else to fix it."

"You shouldn't worry about fixing your voice, you should focus on being less anxious. Not because of her, but because you want to. When you do your confessional for the show, try to just relax. Tell yourself "Hey, I got this, everything's fine." Trust me you'll feel better."

"Okay, I'll try that."

After my mom picked me up, and we Saif goodbye to Sophia and Jackie, I was at home practicing for my callback audition.

Before I knew it, we were at the competition, and I was watching Sophias solo. It was called Superstar, and I could see why she would be Abbys favorite.

Then, Chloe and Nia danced, but Miss Abby wouldn't even care. She was focused on her golden girl winning. For once, it wasn't Maddie.

Then, it was time for Mackenzie and Chelsea's duet.

Then, we were back in the green room, running the group dance. I was supposed to be a photographer, and so we're some of the other girls. Everyone else, I guess, were just fans.

"Smile," I said to Maddie, Brooke, Paige and Sophia, holding up my phone camera.

Then, our moms helped us with the costumes. They were red, two pieces being a sports bra and booty shorts. Then a black jacket to go over top.

All Mackenzie and Chelsea did one thing at the beginning. Mackenzie pulled out the carpet, and Chelsea walked across it, pretending people were taking her picture and such.

Unfortunately, the carpet got stuck.

"Dont feel bad," the announcer laughed, "the same thing happened at my wedding."

Good for you David, now did godzilla happen to make an appearance and call you a disaster?

Mackenzie and Chelsea finally got it unstuck, and continued on with their part.

After the group, it was finally time for awards.

Sophia was first, Chloe was third, and Nia was eighth.

Th group got 1st as well, and luckily so did the duet. If they hadn't, Abby wouldn't have ever stopped complaining about her ruined clean sweep.

Yay.

Only a few days away till the callback.

I just hoped my mom could deal with Abby while I'm gone.