season 4 episode 3

Everleigh Rose Soutas as Evelyn Smith

Jayden Bartels as Mckayla Dobsin

The girls who won the duet last week. They may or may not he on the select team later on, but I'm not telling...

I woke up on Monday morning to an empty fridge.

No food, we'll not real food.

We had some jelly, half a drop of milk, and some Carmel syrup.

Old hotdogs in a tubberware container. We hadn't had hotdogs in forever, and I didn't want to risk opening that container, simply choosing to toss it.

"She's not here," Avi said, holding Riley, as he walked into the kitchen. I helped him pur her into the highchair. "She left this morning. She's meeting Melissa for...brunch. And shopping."

"Maybe she could go grocery shopping," I said motioning to the fridge.

"Nate'll go when he wakes up. Asher and I will go too, so you have to watch Riley."

"I will," I said, watching him put a handful of vanilla puffs onto the highchair tray, and another handful into his mouth.

You would think we would have food. We lived in a nice house in Pittsburgh. We were a nice family who lived in the suburbs. We had a dog, her name was Sophie, and we had a cat, her name was Skittles.

We had flowers put front, dying in the approaching cold weather.

But we also had an empty fridge.

We had money. The money Mom and I made from the show was used for our bills, like water, electricity, phones, wifi, TV services, etc.

The large amount of money I made from acting, and the money Asher made from sometimes acting went into 3 different accounts. Half of the money we made went directly to us, to use when we turned 18. The other half went to the 3rd account, which belonged to our mother.

She didn't always use this money the way she should.

She took us shopping, she would buy unnecessary things before the essential things. Like a game system, or toys, and eating out, before she bought groceries.

Normally, she got around to it, but normally that was on Wednesday. So I spent the morning homeschooling in my room, Chelsea playing on her iPad, and Riley playing with some weird sensory toy that cost too much money.

Then, the boys got home at 10:30, and Mom was home at 11. She noticed the restocked groceries, thanked the boys, and told them we had to go to the studio, and asked if they wanted to come.

They all said nah, and so Chelsea, Mom, Riley, and I, all got into the car with our dance gear, and drove to the studio.

We had to wait in the parking lot, so we could be filmed driving in a couple times, and getting out. Then we walked through the doors a few times, and then waited in the den with the other girls.

"Abbys gonna be mad about the duet," Nia sighed, and I nodded, "It feels like we let her down."

Holly shook her head, and said,"you didn't let yourselves down right? Before the scores, how did you feel?"

"I though we did great," I said, and Nia agreed.

"Well that's what's important," Kelly said, "You danced for yourself. Not for her or anybody else." We smiled and then continued waiting for pyramid.