season 3 episode 5

Today, in pyramid, after being warmly welcomed back in the dancers den, I was hit by cold hard reality.

Her name was Abby Lee Miller.

Sophia was a no-call, no-show, and was no longer on the team (who called it, huh? Who called it?).

I was on the bottom of the pyramid, because obviously I didn't dance.

After the rest of the pyramid, Miss Abby announced our dances.

"We have an acro group dance this week,"

Mackenzie was featured in the dance, and Abby and Christi got into a scuffle about Chloes back tuck. Chloe couldn't do a back tuck off the mat, and she wasn't very good at acro either. Aleah couldn't do a back tuck on the mat yet, she had to have help. I don't know how that was gonna work, but them Abby said something that caught me off guard.

"Everyone will be in this group, except for Alyce. Alyce you will have a solo, since apparently you prefer to go off and be solo rather than work with the team. We are gonna re-choreograph a routine you did last year, called Pity Party, because that will be the only pity party you get this week"

Abby: I don't know exactly what Alyce was doing last week, but I have a feeling it was a bit more than "a small audition" like her mother told me.

Chloe, Mackenzie, and Chelsea all got solos this week, and Melissa was unhappy Maddie didn't have one.

Excuse me, but Maddie was at the bottom of the pyramid. She shouldn't get a solo. That's not how it works.

I had a private for learning my solo. I had a sneaking suspicion that I was here for interrogation.

This was confirmed by Matt, a crew member, telling me that when Abby asked, I was allowed to tell her about last week. Apparently, she already knows, and this was just a storyline.

The solo was re-choreographed into more of a Maddie solo. We worked on it in studio A for awhile before Miss Abby called me over.

"So, what was the audition for last week?"

"Its- It's a show going on Broadway, Matilda. I'm supposed to find out if I'm in this week. Plus i got called in for a couple commercials"

"That's interesting. See, like I said, if you work hard, these things happen. Don't let it affect your dancing, you have to keep yourself well rounded," I nodded, and a miracle happened.

Miss Abby hugged me. Unprompted. Not because I won or did something big. Because I was...working hard.

Was she...proud? Proud of me? Is this what validation feels like, because I'm loving it *ba da da da da*

Now, more than ever, I wanted that role. I am willing to throw hands to get it. Whether it has to be with a 40 year old casting director or an 8 year old actress, I'm prepared.

I didn't care if this solo was supposed to contradict me in some way, I loved it.

After my solo rehearsal, I went to hiphop class. (What day is it guys?)

When I came out of hiphop, Layla took me, Aleah, and Chelsea to Dads house.

We didn't get home until 9pm, which was really early during filming hours. Then, my dad's phone rang and he answered it in the other room.

Why did people do that. How was I supposed to know what was going on if I didn't snoop.

"Alyce, that was your mom. She got a callback from Monica...and you got the part."

"Really?!"

"No I'm kidding, yes really!"

I hugged him, and Chelsea, and Aleah and all the boys.

After dinner, I group called the groupchat on FaceTime.

They screamed too.

I'm gonna be on Broadway!

And to think I thought this season wouldn't go well.

COMPETITION DAY

I was in my solo costume, backstage and ready to preform.

"Next up in elite mini solos is entry number 18, Alyce with Pity Party."

After I preformed, the other girls went out during their categories as I watched backstage.

Mackenzie forgot a part of the dance, but she didn't run off. When she was done I hugged her while she was crying.

Then, it was time for solo awards.

"In third place, for Elite mini solos...is Miss Mackenzie with act number 9, dancing barefoot."

I clapped as she went up to receive her award.

"In second place...this is Miss Madeline with act number 40, Believe."

"And our first place winner, with a score of 295 points...Miss Alyce with acr number 18, Pity Party."

And then Chloe got second in Elite Junior solos.

After solo awards, we went and the girls changed into the  group costumes.

In the dressing room, Abbt said, "Ladies I have an announcement to make. These next few upcoming months, Alyce will be absent for rehearsals of the Broadway Musical, Matilda, where she has gotten a lead role. I'm planning on bringing in a little girl to fill her spot for awhile while she can't be here."

"As long as it's not Payton, because that means Leslie," Christi said, and she hugged me. All the moms did and so did the girls.

"I kept your secret," Paige said into my ear as she hugged me.

"I know," I laughed.

The group came in fourth, and I'm sure Miss Abby wouldn't be happy. Who even cares.

After the competition, all of the girls were invited to the Hyland house (minus Chelsea, because she's only 4) and we were having a slumber party.

We pretended to star in a music video, playing songs in Paiges room. And then we were deciding on movies.

"Well, Josh has a ton of horror movies in his room, we can go get some," Paige said.

"Wait who's Josh?" Aleeah asked.

"Brooke and Paiges hot brother," I laughed.

"No, no! Bad!" Paige said to me.

Me, Paige, and Chloe were appointed the job of going into Josh's room to get the movies.

The Exorcist, The Conjuring, Carrie, and Paranormal Activity.

Brooke had come in and given us popcorn, and snacks, before leaving to go hang out with her friend Claudia in her own room.

We spent the rest of the night screaming and laughing.

I wondered to myself how much time I would have to do stuff like this the more jobs I got.