Burn, Pom Poms, Burn

“Hi guys,” I said, hopping onto the dancers den in my dance wear.

“Hi.” They all greeted me.

“Hey alyce, I’m sorry about my mom by the way,” Payton said. “She shouldn’t have said that.”

“Oh, don’t worry, it’s not your fault,” I said. All our moms said things that made us wanna curl into a hole and die.

“Girls, get in here!” Abby yelled, summoning us all out of the dancers’ den and our shoeless mothers into studio A. The floor was really expensive.

In the studio, Abby welcomed Kendall as an official member of the ALDC and took her off probation, Jill smiling wider than anyone I’ve ever seen.

She kinda reminds me of the Cheshire cat.

“And I would also like to congratulate Alyce for landing the role in a movie, that she will be filming in LA.” All the girls clapped for me, Chloe and Maddie smashing me in a hug, as they were on either side of me.

OK, onto the pyramid.

“Alyce, you are on the bottom, because you weren’t here last week,” I nodded, still smiling.

Chloe  Maddie   Kendall

Paige  Nia   Mackenzie  Alyce

There was one more paper on top of the pyramid, obviously belonging to Payton. She must’ve done really well in the group dance.

But behind the paper wasn’t Payton.

It was Brooke, who conveniently walked into the studio (makes for good TV I’m guessing). You can bet I was entertained.

After we all gave Brooke her welcome hugs, we noticed Payton crying and we ran to hug her to.

We hugged a lot around here. We were like care bears or something.

Abby said that Brooke has to do good in her solo, or else she’ll be off the team for good. (Her contract with Lifetime says otherwise).

But Payton was already off the team (well the Elite team), and her mother wasn’t happy.

To be honest, I currently didn’t like Leslie very much, but I felt bad for Payton.

After she left, Abby announced the dances.

Brooke had a solo, of course,and so did me and Mackenzie. Chloe and Maddie were gonna do off show solos, as well as an off show duet.

And of course there was the group dance. It was a jazz routine called avalanche.

My solo was called Black Magic.

“Okay, I want this number to be hot, it has to be jazzy. I want flirty, like you’re trying to impress that boy, what’s his names, Wyatt?”

I turned red, covering my face, Miss Abby smiling behind me. HE SAID HE’S SEEN THE SHOW. He could see this too.

I was gonna die.

I was happy to have a jazz routine that had less acro in it. Miss Abby said that this season she wants me to mature away from baby jazz, and into sassy mature jazz.

It wasn’t overloaded with tricks, only a few here and there. Plus there were turns, like the leg hold turn, and pirouettes, which were the two best types of turns I could do.

While I was in LA, during Wyatts dance lessons, I had taught him how to do a front handspring. Kinda.

It was really more of a handstand that fell into a bridge, and his form was, excuse my language, absolute dog water (my mother has banned that phrase from our household).

But it was still fun, and also, he said, really hard.

I learned the whole dance in an hour, and during my next rehearsal Abby said it was a lot cleaner. She wanted smoother transitions, and lots of feelings.

“I want you to dance like your making everyone fall in love with you okay?” weird, but alright.

“Alright”

“Good. Run it again.”

Alyce: I like my solo, because I think it’s a more grown up type of jazz, and I like the style of the routine.

After Abby ran my solo with me again, and she went out of the studio, leaving me to rehearse in Studio C by myself.

After awhile i was finished, and Kelly, my ride home today, was probably getting ready to leave. Unfortunately, Jill was fighting with Christi, Holly, and Kelly in the dancers den. I just grabbed my bag and snuck out into the lobby, where Chloe, Nia, Brooke and Paige were.

“Oh good you’re alive,” Brooke said, “I thought the lions had eaten you”

“It was a close call,” I sighed, leaning against the wall.

☆☆☆

On the bus for the competition, Abby was, for the 1,634,556th time, being the most obnoxious GPS in the world.

Poor Jim.

On my way off the bus, I said goodbye to him, and told him to have a better day.

“Thanks kid, break a leg”

Alyce: If I wanna stay on top this year, my solo today has to be fantabulous.

In the dressing room, I was given a costume and sent to put it on.

“Woah!” Kelly said, “Abby where’s the rest of it.”

“That’s all of it” Abby reassured her.

“Are you sure?” My mom said, looking at Christi who mouthed “Prosti-tot” to her.

Debbie: I know that Abby is only trying to get a rise out of me. And, she and the other moms can say all they want, I’m not gonna argue about a costume.

My mom did my hair, in a bunch of intricate ponytails, that all made a web

Then it was time to go onstage.

I preformed in between Brooke and Mackenzie.

I felt like my routine was the best I’ve ever preformed in jazz. It wasn’t completely jammed with acro, but it wasn’t stupidly simple.

Plus it was fun.

And as Abby said back in the dressing room, “it was hot and flirty. I loved it.”

The way she described it gave me an icky feeling, but I pushed it away. Mom said to always go with what Miss Abby told us, and things would be a breeze.

Me and Kenzie won first place, and Brooke got third.

Our group dance went great, and it got second.

But It was all in all a great day.

A/N: Hope you all are love love loving the rewrite! I loved reading all your comments on the old version, and this one too. Have a fantabulous day my lovelies❤️ 💖