Whos Idea Was This???

Pyramid:

Maddie

Nia Chloe Alyce

Mackenzie Paige Brooke

“Paige, I thought you did well in the duet, but the group was sloppy.”

I didn’t think it was fair she was so low because our duet did so good.

Then, Abby compared Mackenzie to Maddie and told Chloe and me that we weren’t currently standing out in a negative way, but she needed it to be a positive way.

“This weekend we have been invited back to fire and ice. Maddie, you will have a solo, and Chloe, You will have a solo.”

Chloe had a contemporary dance, and Maddies was an open category.

Brooke was doing a solo, too, but not for the show.

“In our group dance this week, you will all be portraying showgirls.”

The camera guy motioned for us to cheer, which he did a lot.

“Now listen up, I will only say this once. The audience should think that you were nude.”

I’m sorry?

I will say that the “skimpy” costumes never made me uncomfortable, but the ones for FANtastic did.

Mostly because they practically did look like we were naked. We got these big pink fans, though.

In other issues, David was living with us now (Yay, ugh).

He was very controlling.

He yelled a lot at everything we did. And he didn’t want us to talk about dad.

Sometimes he acted nice, and he was always nice to other people, but it had hardly been a week, and he was already causing problems.

He didn’t like our routine with things. And if he didn’t like it, he would change it. And you had to follow the rules exactly how he pictured it in his mind.

Speaking of being upset, that’s exactly how the moms felt about the dance. Well, some of them didn’t care. I think my mom was just really busy.

She doesn’t really pay attention to us anymore.

The new custody agreement was because my dad had moved much closer. One week, we would stay with him, and the next week, we’d be with mom.

So, starting next week, I would only see Mark every other week.

Maybe it was mean, but he just gave me a bad vibe.

“So, are you excited about the baby?” Abby asked me

“Uh…” I wasn’t sure if we were supposed to talk about it. Oh well, if nobody was gonna ask for my opinion, I wasn’t asked for theirs.

“I don’t know, I guess so.”

“What about the new stepdad?”

I was I putting on my half soles in the dancers den, the camera men obviously right there, Chloe, Brooke and Maddie getting ready to rehearse as well.

“No, not really,” I shook my head, “I don’t like him.

Gia called for me in the studio.

“When’s the wedding?”

“Hopefully never,” I said, letting the door to studio B swing shut behind me.

On the day of the competition, I was getting my hair done in a bun, with a braid wrapped around it (mom called it a princess crown bun).

I put on my costume for the group and began warming up while the other girls ran their dances.

On my turn go, Abby said stuff about pointing my feet and straightening my legs.

We did the group, and although we tried our best, we were disqualified anyway, due to our inappropriate costumes.

I didn’t wanna be a showgirl anymore.

In the dressing room, Miss Abby was upset, and that must’ve been my mother’s breaking point. It was like she wanted to fight with someone, just because she was angry.

My mom started screaming at Miss Abby, saying how this was all her fault, and that if she hadn’t done an inappropriate dance we wouldn’t have gotten disqualified.

Even when Miss Holly quickly rushed us out of the room, we could still here them in the hall.

Yikes.