Season 3 Nationals

Woo-hoo. Nationals.

I walked into pyramid, my palms sweating. I hated this. If we lost, we never heard the end of it. If we won, Miss Abby would tell us exactly why we didn't deserve it.

I wasn't on top. It wasn't a big deal to me, because my sister was. I wasn't about to be jealous of a 5 year old.

After given our hierarchy on the pyramid, aka how much Abbys gonna pressure you this week, we were given our weekly run down

Our group dance was using hurricane Katrina as a muse. A muse was a special type of Goddess my mom read about in books about Greek God's. I used to really love those stories when I was little.

The solos were being competed for "fairly".

Hah, maybe this was a sitcom.

"Fair" meant giving the person you liked more an advantage.

"Brooke, you and Payton will be learning the same choreography. Chloe, you and Kendall will be learning the same choreography. Alyce, you and Aleah will be learning the same choreography. Asia you should be the automatic shoo I'm, but last week you made some mistakes. Mackenzie your solo won first place. You will both be learning the same choreography. Nia, Paige, you two will be learning the same choreography. Maddie...I'll throw you in there too."

Abby was going to just continue on, but my big mouth said what was going on in my brain.

"Well that's not fair," and I immediately bit my lips shut from the inside of my mouth.

Shit. Fuck. Dammit. Shut the fuck up. Thats it. I'm done. Did I take my pills today? I don't know I can't remember.

"It isn't," Dr. Holly concerd from the side of the room.

Yes, thank God for queen Holly. Someone get her crown for pulling the attention from me to her.

Abby continued, thank the queen in the room,"Chelsea, I debated heavily last week on what I was going to do with you. This performance will make or break your future at this studio. I want to count on you the way I can count on Maddie. You will have a lyrical solo, a reused routine entitled, "Cry". It's Maddies choreography, it's a Maddie dance. I want you to be flawless. Make mistakes in rehearsal and, boom!"

Abby made a motion with her hand as if she were slitting her own throat.

We could only wish.

"No solo. Got it?" Chelsea nodded, fear striken.

The week was pretty hectic, as nationals always were. In the middle of the week, I had a photoshoot for a dance wear line. Monica called some connections in New Orleans to see if anyone wanted me to come in for stuff. And ba-da-bing ba-da-boom, I had booked a job.

When I got back, I was in the hotel by myself. Chelsea was with Clara in the Lukasiaks hotel, playing barbies. Chlie wasn't really coming to Nationals, she was going on a trip, so Kendall was automatically getting the solo anyways.