season 4 episode 5

Therapy's an option

Are you sure, does she need something like that

Your daughter is under a lot of stress, a lot more than what's healthy

But she seems fine. Mostly.

Sometimes they hide it

But why

Why

I woke up to my 7 am alarm that let me know it was time to pretend to homeschool.

I wasn't learning anything if I'm honest.

I put together a few more songs, picking at old ones that I had, seeing if I could edit then in a way that would fit the theme.

Then again, the theme was supposed to be about me. My "feelings".

Ugh

"Alyce! Come on we have to get ready to go to the studio," Layla called up from downstairs.

I slam the laptop shut (unnecessary) and began getting ready.

I double checked my dance bag was packed, and proceeded to put my hair up and put on my dance clothes.

Ready, I went downstairs, and got into Laylas car

Mom wasn't gonna be at dance for pyramid, because the sow wanted it to look like she was taking a day to spend with Chelsea.

In reality, it was our day with our dad, so it was just for the show.

Finally, inside studio A, Miss Abby started with pyramid.

Once again, we were threatened with getting replaced, nothing new, and then she started with the pyramid.

"At the bottom- Chelsea. She's not here, she was injured. She broke her leg and is out for the rest of the season to heal."

Abby: Do I want to bench Chelsea? No. Mackenzie and Evelyn are growing out of the Mini Division, meaning she's gonna be my only girl in that division. But you can't teach a kid to straighten her legs if one of them is snapped in half.

She continued on, until we got to the third row, the final row before the top.

"Third on the pyramid, Chloe. You won the overalls, a good week for you. 2nd on the pyramid, we have...Alyce. The duet, I was impressed. Your lip syncing parts were great, you embraced your character, I liked you in the role. And on top of the pyramid, for the first time, in a long time, Paige!" Everybody's cheered and hugged. This was only the second time she's ever been on top, and the first time was two years ago.

 This was only the second time she's ever been on top, and the first time was two years ago

"Paige, last week, I watched you work hard for the first place trophy. You had ambition, and it showed in your dancing. This week, you will be in a trio. With Chloe, and... Kendall."

She also handed out solos, to Maddie and Mackenzie. Plus, our group dance features Nia as the lead.

○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○□○

This week was pretty boring, considering I only had the group to do. We went over it over and over, and I had it down to a T.

I was wondering if Miss Abby was really replacing ALL of us.

I knew she would definitely replace Brooke, Paige, and Chloe, because they weren't even members of the ALDC anymore. They only came to the studio for the show.

I also knew Maddie was secure. Mackenzie might get a free ride because of her sister but I can't be sure.

Nia, and Aleah weren't really her top dancers, but they had the type of nice calm mothers Abby liked. Aleah was a great ballerina, and a pretty well improved jazz dancer. And Nia was actually a lot more versatile than the show cares to show.

Kendall was a gray area like the other two, but her mom was crazy. Evelyn's new, so maybe she'll stay a bit.

And then there's me. Where did I stand?

I didn't know, and I was quite afraid of asking.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•☆•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I had on my group costume, and was backstage. The group started out with Nia onstage, then we all came out slowly.

Then, at the end, Nia was onstage alone, again.

Maddies solo was called Ballerina, and it was in the ballet category, but was not ballet at all. She got first. I think you should actually have to do the assignment to get a good grade.

Mackenzie had to lip sync a song like a popstar, and it was super cute. She got 2nd, unfortunately, but hey, what can you do.

The trio was called Southern Belles, and they looked like chickens. But apparently, blue ribbon chickens.

And to round out our almost clean sweep, minus Mackenzie, the group git first too.

The day after the competition, on November 10th, Kendall, Maddie, Nia, Mackenzie and I all went with Miss Abby to Atlanta Masterclass.

And Jeez, it was expensive to get into, according to the poster with our faces on it.