Chapter 38

After his sister fell asleep, Daemon got out of his tent and he made eight of his men surround the tent she was asleep in. He also made Caraxes watch them carefully and sent Laenor to guard her from inside. The threats of bodily harm and painful deaths were taken quite seriously. He wasn't risking his sister when she was in the middle of a camp full of cunt starved men. He finally made his way to the Velaryon tent and was greeted by shouts and screams of joy. The man began to congratulate him. He winched and began shushing them. The Velaryon tent was right beside his and he sure as hell wasn't going to risk waking up his sister. The men looked at him confused.

"What's wrong?" Corlys asked.

"Nothing is wrong, we just need to be quiet. We celebrate silently." He said still worried that the screams of joy woke up Maenera.

"And why are we to do that?" Vaemond asked.

"The princess is sleeping." He responded simply. The men looked at him in disbelief but he saw Corlys smirking.

"Do you expect us to stay silent just so we do not wake up the Princess?" Asked Vaemond. Good God's the man was stupid.

"That is exactly what I am expecting. You forget that the Princess commands at the moment two dragons, and has helped us finish a war in one night, do you really, really want to be on the receiving end of her wrath?" Asked Daemon and Corlys laughed.

"Prince Daemon is right. You do not wake up a sleep deprived Targaryen woman without consequences. I still have the scar from when I tried to do that with my wife." Corlys said and Daemon could see the men palling.

"You Targaryens are mad." Exclaimed one of the Tarth men.

"Good thing we are otherwise half the crazy shit we do wouldn't work." He responded. " So what's the plan now?"

***

Maenera slept for almost half a day and that suited Daemon just fine. He managed to make plans with the rest of the Lords about the transport back and the next course of action regarding the Stepstones. The meeting was interrupted however when he heard Maenera scream and Laenor shouting out. Without a second thought he took out his sword and run for his tent the rest of the men following in his wake. He wasn't prepared to see an angry ruffled Maenera and a Laenor with a bloodied broken nose.

"What the fuck happened?"

"She punched me!" Exclaimed Laenor.

"You were looming over me!" Defended Maenera.

"I was trying to wake you up!"

"Why the fuck were you trying to wake me up?"

"You seemed like you were having a nightmare!"

"And you decided that looming over me was the best solution?"

The bickering continued and Daemon for the life of him couldn't understand what the fuck was going on. They were bickering like children. They arrived at a point where the whole argument was kept between two sentences going back in forth. "Yes, it was!" "No, it wasn't!". Daemon shook hi head and put his sword away motioning for the men that were still at the ready to do the same.

"Children, please! Laenor!" He shouted. The finally quiet down. " Thank you. Now that you stopped fighting Laenor please get out and take your father with you, he seems to be too happy for my liking" He said seeing that Corlys barely managed to hold his snickering.