Chapter 11

Viserys couldn't breathe. That were his first thoughts when he woke up, something heavy was on top of his chest. He blinked his eyes open only to be greeted by a mass of silver hair, slowly with the hand that wasn't currently trapped, removed the hair from his line of vision. His brother was the one laying on top of him, with his face planted in Viserys chest and both his arms around his middle. He lifted his head a little bit and surprise, surprise his sister was there as well. She was laying on top of Daemon with her head buried between his brother's shoulder blades, one of her arms was embracing his brother while the other was keeping his own arm prisoner. He couldn't see that far but he could bet that their feet were entangled.

He didn't heard them last night coming back into his room. Is this going to become a habit? Because if that is so, he will need a bigger bed. He wasn't really complaining, he didn't remember the last time he slept so good as in the last couple of days, and wasn't that a bitter thought, his wife and child just died and he was getting better sleep that he had in years. Unfortunately the moment of coziness was at an end. The sun was up in the sky, and even though he wasn't going to attend any council meetings, his brother and his sister will. He gently began to comb his fingers through his brother's hair, tugging on it slightly, Daemon letting a sound of displeasure.

"Come on, valonqar, is time for you to wake. "  He said and Daemon let a series of inteligibile mumbles, that sounded like a negative and put even more of his weight, if that was even possible, on him. His brother's movement causing his dither to let out a whine. Not morning people this ones...

"It's time for both of you to get up. You need to break your fast and dress before your meeting with the council." His brother let out a groan and let go of Viserys. He then pushed his arms into the mattress and got up with Maenera still on top of him. The move took her by surprise because she didn't maintained her grip on Daemon and fell sideways back into bed.

"Come on Viserys, after the tongue lashing Daemon give them yesterday, they will not start another meeting without us. You could have let us sleep some more." His sister said and then proceeded to stretch like a cat on the bed. Daemon thankfully was already up and with his eyes still closed he was searching for his trousers. Viserys took pity on him and handed him his clothes then proceeded to scoop his sister in his arms from the bed like she was a child. She quickly wrapped her arms and legs around him and laid her head on his shoulder. He walked into the other room and deposited Maenera into one of the chairs and then gone back for his brother who was now fully dressed but sitting at the edge of the bed eyes still closed. If he wasn't so damn big Viserys would have taken him in his arms too. Damn little brothers who grow too quickly.

After they were both at the table, Viserys asked for breakfast to be brough. While they were waiting, his brother's eyes were still closed as he leaned back in his chair. His sister, he was pretty sure had fallen back asleep with her head rested upon the table. He couldn't help but look at them, them being so peaceful and quiet. The sun shining on them both making them look ethereal. Like two deities caught napping into the holy garden. They were beautiful and Viserys didn't remember the last time he felt so at peace. Sure the world was burning around him but the three heads of the dragon were finally together. It felt right, them together. Being like this, sleeping and eating and bickering with each other. It felt at last as family. There was no pressure and expectations. Maenera was mad and Daemon bloodthirsty and Viserys weak, but it didn't matter, because all of them knew each others faults and they accepted it.

Her sister said yesterday that he was a bad King and a bad head of house and maybe he was, and maybe he was treated differently than his brother, but he still felt her love and his brother's as well when they consoled him two nights ago. When they stayed with him while his child died. While they grieved with him, Baelon's passing. He felt the love when he woke up two mornings in the row with them in his bed, the heat of their embrace on his person. He felt love when he let all his responsibilities on their shoulders and they took it in stride, never faltering, never asking him to step in, never disturbing his sleep or his time with his daughter. He didn't even asked, just fucked off to sleep and his siblings didn't condemned him. They arranged everything that needed to be arranged without bothering him with a single question. So yes, he finally felt at peace and loved because despite all his failings his siblings never faltered in their support.