Chapter 20

Otto Hightower was not having a good day. Actually since Queen Aemma and Prince Baelon died, he was having a bad day after another. First the King isn't attending council meeting, annoying but understandable under the circumstances, then he let his brother and the little monster attend in his place, he made Princess Rhaenys do the queen duties, and he could still see the smug expression on Velaryon face, then the little monster humiliated him in not one, not two but three council meetings. When the King finally came back he thought that he will have a respite, but did that happen? No. The King names Daemon his heir, announces that he has a new sister and if that wasn't enough he decided that he will not marry. After that he missed yet another council meeting and Maester Vaegon suddenly arrived. Targaryen appear in the capital like mushrooms after rain these days. Should he expect Saera and her brood next. The Grand Maester was scared shitless of Arch Maester Vaegon. When the little monster was rumored to be abed with some illness, Mellos refused vehemently to tell him what he knew, if he even knew anything that is.  All this brings him to the current problem.

"What do you mean the King is nowhere to be found?"

"I am sorry my Lord Hand, but the King has not been seen since yesterday morning when he took of on dragon back with his brother."

"And nobody thought that it will be pertinent to let me know?!"

How do you loose a King? He is the King! He is surrounded by attendants, maids, council members and guards at all times.

"And their sister?"

"Gone as well, my Lord. We do not know if she left with the King and the Prince. Only the King was seen leaving with his brother in the Dragon pit."

"Bring my daughter to me!"

"Yes, my Lord."

His daughter... A beautiful yet simple minded creature. Sure she thought of herself to be intelligent and cunning. He thought that as well until she tried to seduce Daemon Targaryen when she was four and ten. He was trying to make her a Queen and she would throw away all her worth for Daemon Targaryen. A mistake he was currently working to rectify. Her child could be the next king and she was settling for a second son with nothing to his name.

"Father?" His daughter voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"The King is nowhere to be found at the moment. Hopefully,as he left with his brother, he only had gone to a brothel somewhere. When he gets back you will go to his rooms." He ordered and he saw her daughter's eyes widen.

"So soon father?"

"We can't afford to wait any longer, not with the Velaryon girl and his sister in the game." The little monster was an unknown. While he knew that they stand a chance against the Velaryons, the little monster threw away all their plans. The Targaryen have intermarried for centuries, the brothe/sister pairing being preferred.

"They are children."

"And so was Queen Aemma, when he first married her. I do not want him to make the little monster his queen."

"Wouldn't be better if I tried with prince Daemon? The King may not want to marry."

"Daemon will not stay heir for long and he already refused you once. The King may not want to remarry but I doubt they he threw away all his dreams at a male heir."

"I was a little girl then, I am a woman now. I think I stand a better chance if I try again with Prince Daemon."

"I said no, it's better for you to g..." He was interrupted by roars heard from outside. He quickly got out of his chair and got to the window, there they were. Three dragons and atop three silver haired riders. This had to be a joke. He didn't recognize the white dragon but the green beast was unmistakable. One of them claimed Vhagar. He didn't know what was worse, if the King claimed Vhagar or the little monster.