Chapter 12

Daemon and Maenera passed through the corridors making their way to Viserys chambers for lunch. Entering the chambers were greeted with lunch already spread and their brother waiting for them.

"Well, this council meeting took a long time anything exciting?" Viserys asked while they took a seat at the table. Maenera waited to respond until she saw Viserys taking a bite out of his food.

"We were deciding who you are to marry." She said making Viserys choke on his food. He started coughing trying to dislodge the food from his throat. Daemon, the little shit, was laughing like a madman from his seat.

" You planned that!" Viserys accused when he finally got his breathing under control.

"I do not know what you mean brother." She responded trying to look innocent, but the smirk on her face betraying her guilt.

"What do you mean who I am to marry, haven't we decided that I won't?" Asked Viserys.

" Yes, but they do not know that." Responded Daemon.

"We needed to know who are the most likely candidates, to know who are we keeping you away from." Said their sister

"Keeping me away?"

"Of course, they are desperate to make their daughters queens. So they will try at first to convince you to choose one of them, of that fails they will try more unsavory methods. Like trying to get you alone with them or sending them to your room."

"Sending them to my room? Their reputation would be tarnished."

"Exactly. And you like the fool you are, will be marrying them to save their reputation." Said Daemon.

"Do not worry, brother. Me and Daemon will be with you all day and all night. We will save your virtue from these mean mean women that want to steal it." Maenera assured him and started snickering. What is today, making a fool out of Viserys day?

"Ha, ha very funny." Viserys responded sarcastically." But on a serious note. I really do not want to remarry. "

"And we will keep the vultures away, brother" his brother replied and Viserys could see in his eyes they he was serious.

"Plus I intend to make so much drama that they forget about you." His sister said

"How do you intend to do that?"

"Well my whole existence is a scandal onto itself. After the funeral, the very next day to be precise you will announce in front of the whole court i am your sister from Baelon's get and expose that I am legitimate. After there will be an uproar and an emergency council meeting, in which they will demand proof. We don't have it at hand but you will send for Vaegon who has the records. In this time both of you will help me find a sworn shield and to make my household, Rhaenyra's as well, she is getting older and only one attendant is too little for her. "

"You thought about everything didn't you?" Viserys asked part of him in awe at his sister, the other part being grateful they she will take the attention of him.

"And why are you so sure that we will abide with your plans?" Daemon playfully asked.

"Because you love me." That shut him up. A knock was heard at the door.

"Are we expecting someone?"

"Maybe something happened."

"Both of you are wrong. You are not expecting anyone, I on the other hand am expecting lord Strong. Now go away. Do some brotherly bonding.

The man in question stepped into the rooms and gave the royal family a bow.

"Your Grace, I haven't managed to offer my condolences. I am very sorry for your loss." Lord Strong said when he saw Viserys in the room.