Chapter 15

Daemon was excited. They were going to the council meeting and Daemon was sporting a smirk since he woke up this morning. There three announcements to be made today. First the introduction of his sister. Second Daemon being officially declared heir. And lastly Viserys decision regarding his marital status. Oh... He could already imagine their faces. The disbelief, the horror, the disappointment, the anger. He thrived for the chaos of today. He was sure his sister had something planned as well, she looked a bit too smug. Viserys began shaking his head when he saw the expressions on their faces. He had that fond exasperation that was usually directed only at him.

They were adorning their circlets again today. After all today will be written in the history books and they wanted to look their best. When they entered the council rooms, Daemon saw, to his surprise that his sister already had a chair of her own. Viserys must have given orders this morning for an extra chair to be brought. The councilmen rised to their feet and bowed. Viserys took his place, followed by Daemon and Maenera and then the council members.

"I would like to start this small council meeting by saying thank you, for your help and dedication you have shown the last few days in the light of recent events." Aaa... His brother had such honeyed words when he wanted to.

"That being said I was informed by my brother about the topics of discussion in the last meetings. I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter." Viserys said, but it seemed that the cunt had other plans.

"Your Grace, we had observed at the last meetings, that we have amongst us, what appear to be a new member, yet no explanation or name was given."

"Yes, thank you, Otto. That was in today's list of subjects that needed addressed."

"May I introduce you, my Lords, to Maenera Targaryen, daughter of Baelon Targaryen and his late second wife Aelera Snow, and my sister."

Silence descended over the room. He saw how the implications of that statement settled over the council members. The cunt looked ready to burst a vein, and the same could be said about Corlys. Lord Strong had a neutral expression upon his face but his eyes betrayed amusement. The Grand Maester and Lord Beesbury started sputtering questions, none of them inteligibile.

"You cannot expect us to believe this mummers farce, your Grace." Otto said

"It is not a mummers farce, Otto. Maenera is my sister." His brother's voice suddenly became frosty.

"Your Grace, what Lord Hightower tries to say is, we will need for some proof in the matter, after all there has been a child hidden from the public for almost 14 years." The Grand Maester said trying to gauge his sister age.

"If I may intervene brother? After all the subject of this discussion is indeed my existence." His sister sweetly said and once again Daemon reclined back in his chair waiting for the show, no doubt was about to begin.

"Go ahead."

"As I am sure you have questions and concerns, my Lords, I am more than prepared to answer any inquiry you may have. Please, ask me anything."

"Is there any proof of who you say you are?" The cunt asked

"Why, of course, my Lord Hand. Maester Vaegon has recorded both my parents marriage and my birth in the Targaryen family records, as it has been done with all the children born with the blood of the dragon. Although my lord I was expecting more trust to be shown in the word of your King. After all his word is law." His sister said and Daemon could not suppress a snort. Even his brother had a small smirk on his face.

"Then we will write to the Citadel, and ask for the records to be sent." The cunt continued appearing now a little smug.

"There is no need. The royal family had already written to Maester Vaegon to bring the records. He is on his way to the Capital as we speak. We all know that Targaryen official records cannot be handled by anyone without dragon blood." Well that cut the branch from under his feet. The royal family hadn't sent any letter, Maenera on the other hand... It was true that the records were not to be handled by anyone without dragon blood. In every generation there was a prince or a dragon seed that took the way of maestery, and they handled the official records untill they died and their successor took their place.