Story 280/The Diving Pyroraptor

Adam had recovered after the incident with the Chameleon like Carnotaurus individuals on Sorna. He was vividly afraid because he had seen several dinosaurs actually out in the open, even having almost died several times to a stampede or two.

however after some investigation into the matter he found that Isla Nublar had erupted but some people took the dinosaurs off the island. This actually warmed Adam's heart because he loved dinosaurs even if they would rip him to pieces if he got close.

His dream would be further tugged upon when he found about the corporation known as Biosyn a few weeks later and found they had a whole bunch of dinosauroids actually cloned for the usage of trying to cure human diseases with the DNA they had.

In this alleged world, Dinosaurs weren't related to birds closely but more related to humans, an they would have become as smart and sophisticated as humans if a meteor didn't wipe them out, but since human DNA was the missing link it reawakened the true Dinosauroids from genetic sleep.

This is why the Dinosaurs now these days are Quasi humanoid. Either way After a few days of digging and Interviewing Adam was given a job there. However it was a Job he didn't expect. It was to feed specifically the Pyroraptor pair that lived in a frozen area behind Biosyn Dam that also had a cold lake below the ice sheet. A Weird biome yes but Adam didn't care. The Routine was to walk onto the low platform on the ice and throw the meat onto the ice sheet in which the Two Pyroraptors would come scampering.

This was his first time doing this so surely he wouldn't mess up.

He walked across the elevated rims from the elevator onto the pad. He did a cute whistle first and then slid several Bowling ball sized meat chunks across the ice sheet like curling stones. They hit an ice clump towards the Ice Cave. Slowly the two Pyroraptors emerged from behind the clump using their compound smell to locate the meat.

The two were Male and Female, the Male had a more predominant coloring of feathers while the female had just the right amount of feathers to keep her warm but also not as much detailing as on the male, must be the Sexual Dimorphism.

They pranced over the the slabs of meat and then dug their teeth into them. These Teeth made the sound of splitting tissue as the two individuals ate their fill but then the Female Pyroraptor gazed up at Adam on the Rim. her yellow eyes twinkled as she obviously knew she was new and thus her curiosity and deep down her hunger got the pull of each other towards wanting to consume Adam. but Adam was out of range from her so she couldn't just crawl up there and attack.

She just ate the Slab of meat she got and retreated to her Cave or Nest to rest after that Meal. The Male soon followed and Adam was then allowed to go to take his own rest.

Meanwhile in the Den a plan was unfolding, the Two Pyroraptors intelligence had been underestimated so far and this would be their greatest advantage.

A day passed after Adam took his break, he watched the Turf war between the Giga and T.rex that had been hauled in. The Giga had won and pushed away the T.rex but he had orders to do.

He got the bucket of Meat he usually fed the Pyroraptors with and walked out onto the rim. He didn't know that something else would happen.

As he was sliding the Meat across the Ice Sheet he only saw the female come out. "Huh? What happened to the Male?" Adam said truly nervous because he thought the Male had died. However what actually was happening was that the Male was creeping slowly up behind him.

"I hope it didn't d-ACK!" Before he could finish his sentence the male ran up behind Adam and kicked him hard in the back with it's strong foot. This also gashed his shirt as he tumbled onto the ice and slid a few feet on the frozen terrain.