Immortal - Part 6 - Steve x Tony x Reader

(Y/n) couldn't help but stare. She wasn't looking at the spies, the gods, or the man that could become the big green monster; no, all she could look at were the two men that were on their feet, looking at her. The two handsome men that had instantly brought back every memory of a long passed life.

Steven Grant Rogers.............he looked just as he had the last time that she had seen him; maybe a little older, a few lines that he hadn't had around his eyes before; but it was still him, he was still has handsome, still all Captain America.

She had always been intrigued by him. From the moment she had seen him, she, just like Erskine had been impressed by the young, yet physically frail man. She had been amazed by his determination, enthusiasm and heart. The immortal having been at Camp Lehigh, when he had begun the training with all the others, for Project Rebirth. The small man never stopping, never giving up, despite how much he struggled during much of the physical training; once even managing to get himself tangled in a rope climb and falling upside down. (Y/n) even hearing that he was often mocked and bullied by the other soldiers. But still, he would never say he couldn't do something. His quick wits making him stand out from all the other candidates.

She had been glad when he had been the one to be chosen for the project; even from her place in the shadows, the ever watchful eye that looked over his progress, she knew that Rogers was perfect. She and Erskine agreeing that he was a good man and was the only one of the candidates that would respect the strength, the abilities that the serum would give him.

(Y/n) had also been there when Peggy Carter had brought him to the facility; with Howard when he had prepped the machine and Rogers had been instructed to undress so that he could be strapped into the Vita-Ray Chamber. The immortal able to remember Erskine's countdown, before he had injected the young man with the full Super Soldier Serum. Before his order for Howard to give Steve the large dose of Vita Radiation. She just as amazed as everyone else, when the new Steve Rogers had been revealed. (Y/n) feeling as though she had just slipped into the pages of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein; either that, or was looking at their version of the creation of Adam. The immortal hanging back, as the new super soldier had been surrounded by scientists and generals. (Y/n) simply smiling over at Peggy, as she saw the look in her friend's eyes. But once Heinz Kruger had shot and killed Erskine her close connection with Project Rebirth had ended, and all that she knew of their Captain America, came from letters that she would receive from Howard or Peggy. It oddly feeling as though he had lost someone important to her, when she had heard of what had happened to him. As she had seen the headlines in the papers that announced that ROGERS DISAPPEARS, the immortal only able to imagine how his loss would have affected Peggy. Doing her best to reason that his demise was always an inevitability, whether he died then doing all he could to save the world from the likes of Hydra and the Nazi's, or fifty years later in his bed surrounded by family. Though she did have to confess that she was shocked when he had reappeared during the attack on New York by the god from Asgard. A small smile creeping onto her lips, as she wondered what Howard would have had to say about it.

And then there was him.........Anthony Edward Stark. There was no mistaking it, even if she hadn't seen his picture in the papers. He was definitely his father's son, and (Y/n) would recognise that look anywhere. She could see Howard in his eyes, an oh so familiar twinkle to his deep brown orbs. He stood, held himself like Howard too, and even though he was older than his father when she had first met him, that didn't mean he was any less attractive. The same dark features, drawing her to the younger Stark.

She had of course kept abreast of Tony's activities, especially after the death of his father and mother. She had watched as Stark industries had grown under his control. Worried when it had been reported that he had been taken in Afghanistan, by the terrorist group, the Ten Rings. Been amazed when he had announced that he was in fact Iron Man. But not for one moment had she ever thought that she would meet him. Not for one moment did she think that they would ever be stood just a few feet away from one another. The immortal sure that she should say something, that she should do something so that the other Avengers didn't begin to think that this new agent le Faye, was a little odd. But it wasn't every day, that the immortal bumped into one of her old lives. Her heart continuing to beat at a pace, as the two men looked at one another before stepping forward together. Steve's brows furrowing, as he took in her face, as if he too was struck by something, by a long forgotten memory. Tony, standing before her and slowly smiling as he reached out and took her hand bringing it up to his lips.

"It's a pleasure.........agent la Faye.............."