Lady Hawk - Part 4 - Clint x Reader

"Again? Not a single alarm? What the hell is going on?" Tony grumbled, as F.R.I.D.A.Y advised him that another brief snippet of the naked woman had been recorded. That whoever, or whatever she was, she had been wandering the corridors of the compound, as the Avengers slept once again. Tony beginning to wonder whether it was some corrupted data from an earlier date that the AI had come across, and in her current befuddled state, F.R.I.D.A.Y had dated it as the last few nights. The billionaire sure though, that if the exquisite creature had been one of his old conquests, he would have remembered. Sure, that no matter his state, he could not forget a face like that.

"Are you going to tell the others?" Bruce asked, as he looked over Tony's shoulder. A soft smile pulling at the corner of his lips, as the ethereal creature looked up at the camera before the whole picture turned to static. The doctor getting the strangest sensation that he had seen those beautiful green orbs before. That they had looked into his own eyes. Though Bruce didn't know whether he was imagining things or not. Possibly even experiencing a little wishful thinking.

"Are you kidding! No. I'll take F.R.I.D.A.Y completely offline and go through and delete any old or corrupted files. Clean up the drives. She probably just needs her thousand mile service, and with everything else going I've been putting other things off. I'll check all the circuits and manually inspect the sensors and alarms. After that she should be ok." Tony replied. The billionaire not in the mood to be complained at by the others again. Accused of stuff that really wasn't anything to do with him. Well..........not this time anyway. Tony taking one last look at the beautiful woman that seemed to be a ghost in the system, before shutting down the image.

                                                     >>------------------------------------<<

"She's done it again." A voice announced. Tony and Bruce turning to see Clint and his feathered friend make their way into the labs. The bandage and splint from the hawk's wing, in his hand. Tony quickly making his way around to the other side of the table, as his winged foe got closer. The bird seeming to screech mockingly, as the billionaire grabbed a screwdriver and pointed it at her.

"Keep that vicious turkey away from me!" Tony declared, as Clint sat his friend down on the countertop.

"The only turkey around here is you, Stark. And I seriously doubt that Lady Hawk wants to be this close to you either. I just need Bruce to rewrap her wing and we will be out of here. I'm taking her for a walk to the lake. She needs some fresh air." Clint explained, as he handed Bruce the bandage. The doctor carefully moving the birds wing as he bound it.

"Why doesn't she bite you............?" Tony asked, as he watched the hawk sit patiently. Barely moving, as the doctor did what he had to.

"Because she has excellent taste in men, and you just happen to fall way below her standards. That, and Bruce hasn't described her as a flea bitten pigeon. She's not stupid, and she has feelings you know..............."

"It's a bird...............!" Tony retorted.

"So!? What's your point? Just because she hasn't designed some dumb suit, that doesn't mean that she's not smart. I mean, she's smart enough to know that you're an a................."

"There. All done. It should be good at least for today." Bruce said, interrupting the archer before he could finish telling Tony what he thought of him. Lady Hawk closing her eyes, as Bruce scratched at the top of her head.

"She's all yours, Clint. Be careful with her." The doctor continued, as the archer placed his leather clad forearm in front of the bird. Lady Hawk happily jumping on to it.

"Come on beautiful. Let's get you out of here, just in case Stark's stupidity is catching. He might end up bringing you down to his level and beating you with experience." The archer cooed softly, gently stroking the feathers on the bird's chest, as he made his way out of the door. Bruce doing his best not to laugh as Tony grumbled. Complaining that the damn bird was already taking over his compound.

                                                         >>-------------------------------<<

"How about this?" Clint asked, as he and Lady Hawk got to the lake. The archer moving over to a tree root that stuck up out of the ground. A chuckle leaving his lips, as the bird moved from his arm to the gnarled wood.

"You just sit there and watch me. Old iron butt had these targets set out onto the lake so I could practice something different. I actually think that he just wanted me out of the compound, but I'm not complaining." Clint explained, as he notched his first arrow. The projectile hitting the target dead in the middle. Another arrow following quickly after. Its tip landing only millimeters from the last.

                                                            >>------------------------------<<

She had watched as her archer had practiced; arrow after hitting the drifting, bobbing targets. It had been a long time since she had enjoyed a day such as this, in either of her forms. The sun warming her feathers, as its rays made their way through the leafy canopy that hung high above her head. The occasional soft zephyr catching her, as it too managed to sneak though the grass and trees. She had decided that she liked this new place. That apart from the man that her archer called Stark, she liked the others. Especially the quiet, calm and kind one that was called Bruce.

Despite the injury she had received, she knew that within another day or so, she would once again be able to fly. That being that only good thing about the accursed magic that had caused her to live two lives. Her ability to heal far better than any other that she had come across. But she would not be leaving. She would remain as long as her Hawk wanted her to. A companion that would watch over him. That would protect him. Her head turning, as she heard a sudden huff from the trees behind them. Her eyes growing wide, as she saw the black creature make its way through the trees.

                                                             >>------------------------------<<

Clint spun on his heels as Lady Hawk let out a high pitched scream. His eyes widening, as he saw why she was making the commotion. A huge black bear lumbering forward. It raising itself to its full height, as he saw the man that lay between it and the water.

Clint knew that there were bears in upstate New York, but he had never expected to see one there. And less that he would ever come face to face with one of the things. The archer looking down, as he slowly notched an arrow. Hoping that his 'I never miss!' boast wouldn't let him down now. Yet as he began to pull back the drawstring, his eyes were forced upwards. Clint watching on as Lady Hawk spread out her wings and made her way into the air. Flying at speed over to the much larger animal that had let out a menacing growl. The bear swiping at the bird as she attacked it. Talons and beak ripping at the rough fur. Lady Hawk forcing the furry beast back into the undergrowth. Her screams and screeches seeming to terrify the creature as much as they did Stark. The bear suddenly turning and racing back into the wood that surrounded the lake; but not before one of its huge paws had hit the battling bird. Clint rushing over and taking her limp form into his arms, before he himself turned tale and raced back towards the compound. The archer more determined than ever not to lose his beautiful, brave companion.