Love is blind - Part 3 - Tony x Reader

"Laura thought that you might still like something to eat." Tony said, as he tried to get comfortable on the ground.

"Of course, she did. Laura always does this mum kind of things. Sometimes I'm sure that she even thinks that she is my mother." (Y/n) chuckled softly. Her fingers ghosting over the sandwich on the plate before she put it to one side.

"So........what did Legolas want to talk to you about?" Tony enquired, as he took a bite of his lunch. (Y/n) chuckling again at the fact that the billionaire didn't do what most people would do and try and ignore what had happened in the house. That he was quite nosey for someone that had only just been introduced to her. So, she decided to be as up front as he was being.

"Oh, you know. Clint acting like he's, my father. Trying to tell me what I can and cannot do. That I can't be interested in you..............." (Y/n) began. More soft laughter escaping her lips, as there was just a sudden and almost deafening silence.

"Well, you are only human. Its only expected that you wouldn't be able to ignore me.........." Tony finally countered. The comment making both of them laugh. The billionaire, without thinking, reaching up and brushing some hair from (Y/n)'s face. Sure, that he had never met or seen anything quite like the archer's younger sister, in all his life. That despite how many women he had had the pleasure of knowing, (Y/n) Barton was something unique.

"So..........you like me then?" Tony continued. As he placed his own plate on the floor next to him.

"I never said that..........I said that I was interested in you. I don't know you well enough to know whether I like you or not........yet. I mean, most of what I know about you comes from Nat, and as I told you, most of it wasn't good. But, I would very much like a chance to see if she is right about everything." (Y/n) replied, as she took another opportunity to place her hand on Tony's face. A face coming to her lips, as she felt him smile.

"Have you always been.............."

"Blind?" (Y/n) interrupted, as she removed her hand.

"No. Up until I was twelve, I could see perfectly fine. Better than fine. But............"

"But.................?" Tony pushed. (Y/n) turning her eyes so that they were cast over the farm. The young Barton letting out a heavy sigh.

"But............then there was an accident. It was something and nothing really. I could probably go through the same thing a thousand times and come out of it unscathed. Yet, that day, the stars must have been misaligned, and I ended up like this." She explained. Another deep sigh leaving her lips. Tony looking over to the old farmhouse where the rest of the team were. Where Clint and his family were.

"Clint.............did he have something to do with this little "accident" of yours?" The billionaire enquired, as his eyes turned back to look at (Y/n) who seemed lost for a moment in her thoughts. Her head slowly nodding.

"He........he didn't do it on purpose. It really was an accident. We had had an argument, like all siblings do. I must confess that I can remember everything else about that day apart from the words that had passed between us. Clint had walked away, but me being me, the stubborn thing that I was........well, still am, I just had to follow and finish saying my piece. I knew that he was angry, but............suddenly he pushed me away, and I fell down into a small ravine that was behind me. I think that I must have banged my head, because I blacked out. When I woke up I............I couldn't see. And I haven't been able to see since. Clint has felt guilty ever since that day. And even though I have told him a million times that I forgive him, I know that he still blames himself. And I have lived in the shadow of that guilt ever since that day. That's why I'm here instead of being out in the real world. Instead of being out on my own." (Y/n) told him sadly. Tony looking back at the house. The billionaire feeling strangely angry at the archer.

"Could I show you something? Something that not even Clint and Laura know about?" The younger Barton continued. Tony feeling like a complete idiot, when he just nodded.

"Um....yeah. If you're sure..............." Tony agreed. Looking up at (Y/n), as she got to her feet and offered him her hands. The billionaire taking it and letting her pull him to his feet.

"Where are we going...............?"

"We, Mister Iron Man Stark, are going to the old barn on the other side of the farm. No one uses it anymore but me. It just has an old tractor that sits in there, probably getting rusty and covered in cobwebs." (Y/n) sort of explained. Tony finding himself a little confused as to what (Y/n) wanted to show him. But more than happy to find out. Finding the young Barton more and more interesting by the minute.

                                                                >>------------------------------<<

"Will you pull that rope over there please?" (Y/n) asked, as she and Tony finally got to the barn, and she threw open the door. The archer's sister pointing to an old looking rope that seemed to hang from the ceiling. Tony's brows furrowing as he did as (Y/n) had asked and some targets appeared at the far end of the barn.

"Er, (Y/n)............What..................?"

"Just take a seat, genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist. I am about to show you what (Y/n) Barton can do............"