Guardian angel - Part 2 - Tony x Reader

Tony made his way through the dimly lit corridors. Catching glimpses of his beautiful angel walking at his side, as he passed the large windows. It was true that he didn't have to see her to know that she was there. He had always known when she had come to visit him. It was a feeling that he would get. A feeling of peace that would come over him. A feeling of protection, and dare he say..........love. The feeling, the only one guaranteed to calm him even in his most difficult times.

She had been there with him when his parents had been killed by the Winter Soldier. Standing by him at the funerals. The billionaire positive that he had been able to feel her arm draped gently around his shoulder, as he stood at the gravesides. She had also been there when he had fallen into his excesses. That period in his life, the only time that he had been angry at her. The only time that he had cursed at her. The only time that he had said that he didn't need her and that he wished she didn't exist. Yet despite all his venom. Despite how he had often tried to die at the bottom of a very expensive bottle of alcohol, she had remained with him. Tony often irate that she was keeping him alive. But she had. The billionaire still sometimes finding himself apologising to her for what he had said and done.

"Yes mom............." Tony chuckled, as he spied his angel pointing to his door. It obvious that she deemed that he was making himself unwell by not sleeping. The billionaire shaking his head as he opened the door and let out a yawn.

"How is it that you know me better than I know myself............" Tony enquired, as he yawned again. A sudden sense of desperately needing to sleep taking over him, as he dropped fully clothed onto his bed. His eyes looking up at the darkened ceiling.

"Sometimes I don't know why you bother with me (Y/n). I am sure that there are better people that you could be watching over. I think that you must have drawn the short straw when they were handing out humans to protect. All I can think is that you must have done something really bad to get stuck with this fuck up. I'm sure that you would be better suited for someone like Bruce or Rogers. They would have been worth saving so many times. But me................" Tony continued with a heavy sigh. A small smile making its way onto his lips, as he was sure that he felt her come and lay by his side.

"I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't stuck with me. But I am thankful that you have." The billionaire added, before turning to his side.

"Night (Y/n)................." The last words leaving his lips, before he closed his eyes and drifted off.

                                                         >>--------------------------------<<

Clint grumbled to himself as he made his way out of his rooms. He had woken up some time ago, and despite doing everything he could, he had been unable to do anything but get up. The archer deciding that if he was going to have to be awake at this ungodly hour he might as well do something productive. Clint heading towards the training area. Hoping that an hour's practice, might just get him to the point where he could sleep again. The archer stopping in his tracks as he heard two voices.

"You need to sleep................."

"Yes mom................" An all too familiar voice replied to the first with a chuckle. Clint shaking his head at the notion of Stark having yet another woman in the compound. And even though he would have normally just left the billionaire and his latest lady friend to do whatever they were going to do, there was something about the female voice that was different. Something that he had never heard before. Something that was instilling the strangest feelings of calmness and peace within him. The archer feeling a need to keep listening. To perhaps even see the owner of that voice. Finding himself creeping around the corner. His brows furrowing a little, as he spied only Tony enter the room. Clint quickly making his way over to the door to the billionaire's apartments. His ear pressed firmly up against the ingress. Listening to every word, even though he knew that he shouldn't.

"How is it that you know me better than I know myself................?"

"Because I have known you longer than you have known yourself, Tony. I wouldn't be very good as your guardian if I didn't know what was best for you, now would I...............?"

"Sometimes I don't know why you bother with me (Y/n). I am sure that there are better people that you could be watching over. I think that you must have drawn the short straw when they were handing out humans to protect. All I can think is that you must have done something really bad to get stuck with this fuck up. I'm sure that you would be better suited for someone like Bruce or Rogers. They would have been worth saving so many times. But me................"

"You shouldn't talk like that. You are the greatest gift I have ever been given. The furthest thing from the short straw. I knew what you would be............what you could be, and I wanted nothing more than to be with you every step of the way. The others are good men, but would never need me, as much as you have needed me. And I wouldn't change you for the world. Fuck up or not..........." 

"I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't stuck with me. But I am thankful that you have..............."

"There is nothing to be thankful for. You are mine, and I am yours. Now, sleep my sweet one.............."

"Night (Y/n)................."

"Goodnight Tony....................."

Clint moved away from the door. He had heard the billionaire have some very strange conversations before. Say many odd things before. But this, this was a little weirder than most. The archer not sure what to think, though as a sudden wave of tiredness overcame him, he decided to perhaps talk to Bruce in the morning. The archer dragging his now tired body, back to his room.  

Marvel Universe Imagines and One Shots Book Twoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें