Assassin - Part 2 - Scott x Reader

"He did what...............?" (Y/n) asked. Sounding in as much disbelief as the comment warranted, despite the fact that she knew quite well what Scott was referring to.

"Well........he didn't really. But it sounds much more fun if I say it like that." Scott replied. A broad smile gracing his lips, as (Y/n) opened the door fully and allowed him inside. The pair taking a seat on the large sofa. Scott feeling his heart flutter, as she looked at him.

"I swear, whenever you go out without me, something ridiculous happens. And it usually happens to Stark. I hate missing out on things that happen to Tony. They are usually the funniest. So, spill it, bug boy. I want to know everything." (Y/n) told him, as she continued to look at him expectantly. The ex-con at last able to shake the thoughts from his mind. Thoughts of him finally being able to tell her how he felt, without sticking his foot in it. Without ending up rambling on like a bumbling idiot and making a complete fool of himself. Thoughts of him being able to take her into his arms and place his lips to hers, without falling over, pulling her hair, or something equally as ridiculous.

"Well............" Scott began, as he moved a little closer to the female Avenger.

"Sam mentioned that new place called The Venue. Said it sounded interesting. And we all knew that what he meant by interesting, was that there would be a lot of girls there. So, of course Stark agreed to it, and the rest of us got dragged along. Anyway............." He continued, as he took the opportunity to move a little closer again.

"We had been sitting there for a little while and then old iron breeches said that he had seen some other guy from one of his rich man, if you have less than a million dollars in the bank, we don't want to know you places that I am sure he frequents. So, he went over, did all that back slapping crap, then came back. And I swear that less than a minute later, the guy was dead...........girls were screaming, the works. It was crazy. Cops came and everything. I made sure to tell them that Stark was the last one to talk to him of course..............." Scott chuckled. His mouth becoming dry and palms sweating, as (Y/n) began to laugh at his tale. Scott more than sure that it had to one of the most wonderous sounds he had ever heard.

"Like I said, I swear that these things only happen when I'm not around. It really isn't fair. And I bet that Stark loves you for telling the cops. Did they say anything? Please tell me that his smugness is got arrested and is currently locked in the cells............" (Y/n) continued to laugh. Quite enjoying how Scott could relay information. How he could make anything just sound funny. The assassin ignoring the little hint of guilt that gnawed away at her. Guilt for wanting the worst for Tony, but more so for not being able to tell Scott what she really was. For not being able to explain her extracurricular activities for Fury.

It wasn't that she didn't like Tony. In truth, she actually quite enjoyed his company. He could be quite sweet when he wanted to be. When he wasn't putting on that playboy persona that he showed in public. But there was something so funny about the things that seemed to happen to only him, that she couldn't help herself. And then there was Scott. Or should that be one of the Avengers resident DILFs. From the moment that she had met him, she had liked him. He was such a wonderful goofy doofus. Kind, charming and funny. And she was sure that if he got any sweeter, just being this close to him could result in her teeth being filled with cavities. And the more time she spent with him, the more that she had realised that she was getting feelings for him. Strong feelings. But despite the fact that he did seem to enjoy her company, she wasn't sure that Scott actually felt the same. That, and her little side job as an assassin, secretly taking out the people that posed a threat to S.H.I.E.L.D and the world. People that not even the rest of the Avengers knew about, didn't lend itself to really falling in love and having a relationship. To being able to just spend a night wrapped up in someone's arms, sharing a bowl of popcorn as you watched some dumb movie, when at any moment she could get a call to go somewhere and kill someone in the ways that she only knew how. (Y/n) hating to think what Scott, the rest of the team would say if they found out. But that didn't mean that she hadn't often thought about telling him how she felt. About jumping into this lap and kissing him. Of being able to tell him that he was the only DILF that she wanted...................

"Let's just put it this way, he didn't talk to me on the way back here. And no, unfortunately he didn't get arrested. It would have been fun though. I could just imagine him down at the local precinct. Locked up in the cells trying to impress the local crazies and crackheads with his genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist spiel. And it seems that he told the cops that the guy had some kind of crazy congenital heart condition or something. So.........here we all are." Scott explained. (Y/n) shaking the thoughts from her mind. Happy to hear that her research into her target would make it look as though his condition, copious amounts of alcohol and a bad diet, had finally caught up with him.

"Well, I suppose that we should go to bed............" Scott continued. As he reluctantly got to his feet.

"I mean..........I mean our own beds. Not........not.......you know......I know I woke you up. I just wanted to make sure that you were feeling better, and of course tell you about Stark's new role as the Grim Reaper." He added. A blush kissing his cheeks, as he slowly made his way to the door. Wishing that he could just turn around and kiss her, as he felt (Y/n) come up behind him. Wishing that he could tell her how much he would love to stay and share her bed.

"I know what you meant, Scott.........and I am feeling better now, thank you. So, maybe we can have some more fun at Stark's expense at breakfast." (Y/n) chuckled, as she opened the door. Catching Scott's arm and pulling him towards her. Placing a chaste kiss to his cheek.

"Goodnight, buggy. See you in the morning.................."