Daughter of Hades - Part 1 - Nick x Tony x Steve x Reader

Fury looked at the smugly smiling woman across the table from him. Finding it hard to believe what he had just heard, despite everything that he had seen during his time with S.H.I.E.L.D and working with the Avengers.

"So, let me get this straight. You're telling me.........."

"What I am telling you, Director, is that I am the daughter of Hades. Perhaps you might like to think of him as the devil. Perhaps Beelzebub. The lord of the underworld. Whichever term, or religious connotation you feel most comfortable with. Though I do assure you that my father is not a big red creature with horns, a pointy tail and a pitchfork. In fact, he is really rather normal looking, though you wouldn't want to get on his bad side." The woman replied matter of factly. As if telling someone that your father was the ruler of the underworld, was the most natural thing in the world to do.

"And what.......what do you want me to do with this information?" Fury asked. Not quite sure that he liked the wicked twinkle in her eyes. A twinkle that was ever so reminiscent of the one that Loki possessed.

"Welllll, I thought that given the fact that the Avengers seem to have a penchant for the lesser, younger gods. They, you, may have use for a daughter of a real god. One of the greatest and oldest to ever rule in this world. My father may not be Zeus himself, but he is his older brother, and the first born son of Cronus and Rhea. I am the granddaughter of titans. Beloved child of Minthe and great daughter of Cocytus, the river of wailing. I have seen the world grow and change. Empires rise and fall. And given that, I thought it was high time that I offered you, my services. That I showed you what the child of a true god can do." The woman explained. Once again sounding as if all this was the most normal thing in the world to say to someone.

"I really don't think that we need another troublemaker. We have enough with Loki. And......................"

"Troublemaker? Me? Oh no director, you have it all wrong. I am the black sheep of my family, shall we say. Not one to follow in dear old dad's footsteps, much to his chagrin, given that he really doesn't have anyone else. But I digress. My intention in coming here is to do nothing more than help. To prevent the likes of that upstart God of Mischief from causing anymore problems. Believe it or not, I have spent many more years in this realm than I have my fathers. And in a strange way, I have come to love it. To appreciate those that call the space between my father's realm and that of Zeus, home. But, I suppose that I should show you what I can do, before you decide whether I might possibly fit in with the Avengers." The daughter of Hades explained, as she got to her feet and made her way over to the window.

"I may not be able to wield a hammer and control lightning or perform those little magic tricks that the God of Mischief seems so very fond of. But...........all those trees out there look so beautiful, don't you think. The canopies so thick, lush and green. The trunks so strong. It would be a shame if they were to die.........." The woman continued. A small smile pulling at the corner of her lips, as she felt the tall man move behind her. Nick's eyes growing wide, as all of a sudden, every tree around the Triskelion began to shed their leaves. The branches withering and breaking from the trunks. The trunks themselves appearing to crumble.

"Lightning and tricks are one thing, Director Fury; but the power over life and death themselves, is a very different matter. As you can see, I don't even have to be close to a living object to make it die and decay. To make it wither and turn to dust. Nor do I have to be, to restore it to its full vigour. To make it the best, it has ever been." She continued. Nick moving forward, as he now saw the trees begin to come to life once again. New branches sprouting from where the old ones had fallen. Fresh leaves growing from those branches. The leafy canopy now thicker and more verdant than it had been before.

"Very impressive, Miss...............?"

"Hmmmmmm........just call me.........(Y/n)." The woman replied, before she turned to look at the director.

"Now. Mister Fury. Do you think that there might be a place for little old me on the team.............?"

                                                          >>------------------------------<<

"What? The daughter of............. Isn't having him around bad enough?" Tony protested, as Nick explained about the woman that was to arrive at the compound. Loki looking up from the book in his hand, as the billionaire pointed at him. The God of Mischief rolling his eyes at the comment before returning to his reading.

"I think that we should give her a chance. If the director says that she wants to help, then we really have no reason to doubt that, until she gives us cause to doubt it, that is." Steve commented. The captain, along with most of the rest of the team, quite interested to find out what this daughter of Hades could be like. What the daughter of a much more ancient deity could be, compared to Thor and Loki. Interested to see if her abilities were as great as those that Nick had described.

"Well, you would say that, wouldn't you? Captain kiss ass. But if she does go all demon, or whatever else she might be, on us; just remember that you agreed to this when we are up to our eyeballs in lava and the flames of hell............."

"I think you will find that I am no demon, Mister Stark..........." A rather sultry voice came. The team turning to see an elegant women stood in the doorway to the room.

"But, if you would like to find yourself up to your "eyeballs" in lava and fire, I am sure that I could find a way." She continued, as she slowly made her way into the room. The director and the new recruit nodding respectfully to one another.

"It is nice to finally meet all. My name is (Y/n). And I am the daughter of Hades."