Love is blind - Part 7 - Tony x Reader

I know I'm messing with the movie storyline again, but I want to include more characters; and if X-Men can screw with their timelines as much as they have, then so can I 😊 Hope you enjoy.

"Where did Stark go..............?" Steve enquired, as he finally looked up from his book, noticing that the billionaire wasn't in the room with the rest of them.

"Iron breeches said something about going to meet his guest........." Sam replied, as he and Clint stared at the big screen on which was playing one of their games. The pair shouldering one another as they fiddled with the controllers in their hands. Bucky telling the pair that none of those battle scenes would have happen in real life, which had resulted in both bird brains telling him to shut up, followed by several handfuls of popcorn being thrown at him. The Winter Soldier grumbling as he pulled the buttered snack from his hair.

"Oh.......yeah............." Came the simple reply from the captain. Steve looking out of the window to see a car and Harold, but no one else.

He had to admit, as he properly closed his book, that Stark had been a little secretive over the last few days. As if he knew something that the rest of the team didn't. That he had been a little excited. The billionaire acting like a bigger kid than he normally did, with a smile constantly spread across his lips. The captain just wondering whether this "visitor" that Stark had gone to meet, was just another one of his usual "friends". And if it was, Steve was going to stay as far away from this as possible. The captain along with everyone else turning to look at the doorway as they heard an attention grabbing cough. Clint dropping the controller from his hands, as he slowly rose from the floor.

                                                         >>-----------------------------------<<

Tony stopped as he got to the door of the rooms that he had had made up especially for (Y/n). In fact, he had a lot of things brought into the compound before the younger arrived to try and make things as easy as possible for her in this new environment. The billionaire quite surprised that Clint in particular hadn't noticed and started to ask questions. But he hadn't, which meant that this would be all the more fun when he took (Y/n) to the common room and reintroduced her to everyone. The billionaire smiling as he looked at her, taking in how beautiful she was once again before he opened the door and lead her inside.

"Well sweetheart...........what do you think..............?" Tony asked, as he looked around the room.

"Oh yeah, it looks wonderful...........I love the pink walls and the unicorn motif..............."

"Unicorn...........? There is no..................oh, sorry............." Tony apologised, as he finally realised what he had said. Finally realised that (Y/n) would have no idea what the room looked like.

"Its okay, I forgive you. But only because you are so cute. Now, why don't you describe the room and then show me around so that I don't break my neck if I need to get myself a glass of water in the middle of the night." (Y/n) chuckled holding out her hand for him to take. Tony holding onto it tight, as he described everything from the colour of the walls to the furniture. Leading her around the room so that she could see it in her mind.

                                                          >>--------------------------------<<

"So, what do you think now.....................?"

"I think that its wonderful, thank you Tony. But you didn't need to do all of this for little old me. I'm not exactly what you would call a fancy kind of girl. There are no airs and graces with me. Its what happens when you grow up a Barton. But I really do appreciate it. I just hope that you can find another use for this room when I leave." (Y/n) replied, as she took a seat on the large sofa. A broad, toothy smile lighting up her face, as she felt the billionaire sit right next to her.

"Leave.............who said anything about you leaving? Look, (Y/n).........." Tony said, as he slowly reached up and carefully took her face in his hands and turned her so that he could look into her eyes.

"You don't have to leave here if you don't want to. You can stay for as long as you like. You can stay with..............with me for as long as you like. We could talk like we did back in Iowa. We could get to know one another better.............if you'd like................"

"I.................I think that I would like that very much..........Mister Iron Man Stark." (Y/n) agreed, as she placed her hand over the billionaires. The younger Barton closing her eyes as she felt Tony's breath against her lips.

"Sir...............!" A voice suddenly said, ruining the moment and making (Y/n) nearly jump out of her skin.

"Hey, hey, its ok. That's just F.R.I.D.A.Y, I should have explained about her when you got here." Tony told her, as (Y/n) looked around nervously not sure where the voice had come from.

"Its just an A.I. No need to worry. It won't hurt, in fact you might find her useful............yeah F.R.I.D.A.Y, what is it?" The billionaire called out. It obvious in his tone that he wasn't happy about that moment being interrupted.

"You have a phone call....................."

"Can't it wait..........................?"

"I am afraid not........................"

"Fine...............Will you be ok if I leave you here for a minute? I'll take this call and then we can go to the common room." Tony asked, smiling as (Y/n) nodded.

"Yeah. I got to get used to this anyway. You won't be here with me all of the time so................." The younger Barton told him. Feeling Tony squeeze her hand, before he left her side.

(Y/n) closed her eyes, as she heard the door close. She didn't have to leave if she didn't want to? Tony wanted her to stay. To stay at the compound, to stay with him? He really wanted for them to talk again. For them to get to know one another better? Had he really nearly just kissed her.............? (Y/n) letting out a small yelp as she pinched herself. Sure that all this was too good to be true. But would she just be replacing the farm with the compound? Would she find herself feeling as isolated as she did in Iowa.............? Maybe, but surly it was a chance worth taking. Here she would be surrounded by the Avengers instead of cows. Have a chance to listen to all their adventures. And maybe, just maybe, if she could prove to them that she was as good as her brother. If she could prove that being blind did not hold her back, then she might find herself amongst their ranks..............

"You ready..........?" A voice asked. (Y/n) smiling as she heard Tony move back into the room.

"As ready as I'll ever be..............." The younger Barton replied, as she felt him take her hand, and help her to her feet. The pair making their way out of the door and towards the common room.

                                                          >>----------------------------------<<

(Y/n) could feel her heart beat a little quicker as she and Tony walked. If Clint didn't know about her being there, if Laura had kept her promise, then this was going to be a real surprise, and she was sure that her brother would have one or two things to say about it. He would growl at Tony, tell him, tell her, that it wasn't safe for her to be there. That he wanted her to go home. But this was her life, and as much as she loved her big brother, it was about time that she lived it out of the shadow of his guilt. And when he got a chance to see what she really could do, perhaps he would change his mind.

Suddenly she heard a shout. It was two voices, one of which was definitely her brothers. Her grip on Tony's arm getting a little tighter.

"Don't worry sweetheart.........you got this............." Tony told her, before they stopped. The billionaire coughing abruptly. (Y/n) able to hear nothing but silence, before something seemed to drop to the floor and her brother's voice said one word..................."

"(Y/n)................?"