Rasputin - Part 2 - Avengers x Reader

Apologies for this chapter being a little shorter. But I will make up for it in the next part.

"WHAT!?" A multitude of voices asked at the same time. Not one of the other Avengers able to believe what they had just heard.

"What do you mean, you found (Y/n)?" The captain added. Steve looking at Bucky for a moment, before they raced out of the room, and made their way to find Tony and Bruce.

"Well.......what does 'we found (Y/n)' normally mean? I mean we found (Y/n). She's in one of those damn tubes that frosty was in." Tony countered, as he and Bruce continued to stare in disbelief at the form in the tube. Neither of them able to believe that after all this time, they had found their friend.

None of them had ever stopped looking for her. Even when they allowed the thought that she could be dead into their minds, they he still continued to hope that they would find (Y/n). That they could bring her home. But this, this was something that they had all hoped wouldn't have befallen her. That she hadn't become a victim of Hydra. Yet now, now it appears that that hope had been dashed.

Two years. She had been missing for two years. And God only knew, well, God and Hydra only knew what she had been through in that time. (Y/n) had been sent on a mission. A mission pretty much like any other. The team not thinking for one moment that anything would go wrong. Especially given as she had Clint and Sam as backup. But they couldn't have been more mistaken. The whole mission falling down around their ears. (Y/n) and the two men finding that they had walked into something that none of them had planned on. Clint and Sam realising that the shit had hit the fan when they hadn't been able to find (Y/n). When they had had to leave without her. Neither of them able to tell the rest of the team what had happened to her, or where she could be. And so, it had begun. Two years of searching. Two years of hoping for any bit of information. For any ray of hope. But no matter what they had tried, it was as if (Y/n) had disappeared from the face of the earth. Yet it would now appear that those two years had been spent in the clutches of Hydra.

Bruce and Tony didn't even look up as Steve and Bucky flew into the room. The science bros too interested in finding a way to move the glass, sarcophagus like pod, within which (Y/n) lay. Neither man knowing whether their friend was alive or dead. The two old soldiers stopping suddenly in their tracks, as they saw the form of the woman that they knew well. Bucky shaking the disbelief from his mind and pushing his way past Tony and Bruce. The soldier reaching under the capsule, to find a small switch. The machinery around her suddenly bursting into life. The four men breathing a sigh of relief as a reassuring steady beep filled the air. The sound of a rhythmic heartbeat.

"Is she ok?" An agitated voice came. Steve and Tony turning to look at Clint, as he raced into the room. The archer closely followed by Sam, Nat and the others. Bucky and Bruce too busy with the machinery and making sure that the medical information that was now appearing on the screen on the side of the pod, was as reassuring as the heartbeat.

"She's alive. That is as much as I can tell you at the moment." Bruce replied, as he continued to push some buttons. Clint and Sam making their way over to where the four other men stood. Both hoping that (Y/n) was healthy, as well as alive.

Clint and Sam had blamed themselves for a long time for (Y/n)'s disappearance. Both believing that they could have done something more on that mission. That they should have tried harder to find her that night. That they should have stayed until they could locate her. Yet in the end, and thanks to Steve, it had finally become clear that if they had stayed, then they too could have vanished. Or worse, been killed. But now, as they looked at the lifeless form in the capsule, Clint and Sam couldn't help but feel that old sense of guilt begin to gnaw at them again. They like the others, hoping that Hydra hadn't inflicted the full horrors that they had on Bucky, on (Y/n). That if, and or when (Y/n) was woken up, she would be able to forgive for not having done more to stop her from being taken that night.

Suddenly, a loud hiss and burst of smoke filled the air. The glass tube moving to a vertical position. The metal straps attached to the inside of the capsule, the only things preventing (Y/n)'s body from falling forward. The woman inside, looking as beautiful as the day that she had vanished. The day that she had been taken from them.

"Does that mean we can get her out of here?" Sam asked. He along with the rest of the Avengers starting, as an explosion rang out. More rubble falling from the roof of the room.

"I think that is the queue for all of us to get out of here. I am actually surprised that the structure has lasted this long. Lets just grab the whole capsule and get (Y/n) out of here. We can get her out of that thing when we get her home." Tony agreed. The billionaire helping Bucky and Steve maneuver the tube, as Bruce continued to monitor (Y/n)'s vital signs. The team racing for the jet, as the whole structure began to collapse around them.