I'm fine! - Part 6 - Loki x Reader

I have integrated some of the lyrics from the song "You are the reason" by Calum Scott in the text. I thought that it was fitting, and I hope you enjoy it.

Loki made his way over to the bed. The appearance of (Y/n)'s greyish, pallid skin and seemingly lifeless form making his steps faulter. The God of Mischief getting the strangest sensation in his belly. The mixture of fear, regret and uselessness creating a feeling of sickness that he couldn't shake. That feeling getting no better, as he sat down in the chair, and took her cool, clammy hand in his. A large lump forming in his throat, as he listened to the steady beat of machine. Loki hoping that the sound wouldn't stop. His own heart pounding against his ribs, as he reached up and brushed his fingers over the skin on her cheek.

Since that fateful evening, he had found himself unable to sleep. His mind racing to her, as he would stare blanky out of the window. To how she had always been there for him. The support and love that she had given him. How she had made him feel not so much like a monster. How he missed the feel of her, as they lay together in the bed. Her fingers delicately brushing through his hair, as she held him to her breast. Loki telling her all about Asgard. About its beauty. How he would like to take her there. Yet, with just a few, cold, unfeeling words, he had ruined all that. He had taken all her love and destroyed it. And he hated himself for it. He had become the monster that she had told him so many times that he wasn't.

The truth be told, (Y/n) was the reason that he was still breathing. The reason that he got up every morning to face another day. He knew that if he had to, he would climb every mountain and swim every ocean on Midgard, if it meant that he could be near her. So that he could fix everything that he had broken. So that he could make her see that she was his reason. His reason for everything. Loki's hand shaking as he brought hers up to his lips. As he kissed her knuckles softly. The God of Mischief wishing that he could turn back time. That he could take the time stone from Strange and change the past. That the light of his love would defeat his often dark soul. Loki stopping himself from saying all the things that had pushed (Y/n) away. That he would then spend every hour, of every day for their lives together to come, keeping her safe. Showing her in every way that he loved her, and always would. That she would always be his queen. The dark god brushing away the tears that had begun to trickle down his own pale cheeks. His head dropping to her side. Loki placing (Y/n) hand into his hair.

"I am a liar, (Y/n). A monster and a killer. I have done more wrong in this world, in so many other worlds, than I ever should have. But the worst thing I have ever done, is hurt you. I took your heart and broke it. I took your sweet soul and crushed it. My stupidity, my pride, my own pathetic ego took you from me. Pushed you away in the worst way possible. But I promise. I swear, that when you wake up, and you can find it in yourself to forgive me. That you can still love me. I will love you for the rest of our days. I will always be by your side. You will be the queen of my heart, if you will only allow me to be the king of yours. King of the only kingdom that I have ever truly needed." Loki said. His voice barely above a whisper, as his head rested against her waist. The oh so familiar smell of her filling his senses, as he let more tears fall.

                                                       >>----------------------------------<<

Thor watched on from the night gloom of the corridor. He had come down to ask Clint how (Y/n) was. Enquire as to whether there had been any change. The God of Thunder furrowing his brows in confusion, as he had seen the archer jump to his feet. Looking up at the roof, as if he were hearing something. Clint speaking to (Y/n) before leaving the room and racing down the corridor. Thor stopping his steps towards the room, as his brother had appeared from the shadows. Slowly making his own way into the medical room and taking a seat by (Y/n)'s side. His hand softly taking hers. A small smile coming to Thor's lips as he saw the look in Loki's eyes. A soft look that had been there in his brother's youth. The look of the man that he had been there before he had changed. Before he let his jealousy, anger and hatred, turn him into someone that Thor didn't recognise.

Admittedly, it was a sad look. Loki's eyes heavy with tears that he would never normally allow to fall. Yet behind that, Thor could see love. Love that he had always wanted his brother to find. The God of Thunder hoping that despite what may have happened between Loki and (Y/n), his brother could find a way of fixing it, for both their sakes. That he would get a chance to show (Y/n) that he obviously loved her. And given (Y/n)'s much loved soft toy that Thor had seen on his brother's bed, it would appear that the female Avenger felt the same.

Quietly, Thor pushed himself from the wall. The God of Thunder giving the pair in the room one last look. One last look, as his brother lay his head on the bed right next to (Y/n)'s side. Loki softly placing her limp hand into his hair. Thor making his way down the corridor to try and find Clint and the others. To see what little trick his brother had played to get the archer to leave the room. The God of Thunder determined to help his brother in any way he could. To come up with something, anything if his brother's trick wore off. Just so that Loki could spend as much time with (Y/n) as possible.