Guardian angel - Part 3 - Tony x Reader

Bruce didn't even look up, as he heard the door to his lab open and then close. Tony would always do this. The billionaire always coming in and seeming to look for something. Moving things around and then leaving again without saying a word. Bruce always having to clean up later. But as he caught someone take a seat on the stool on the other side of his desk, the doctor finally looked up from his work. Quite surprised to find Clint looking back at him.

"Er............Clint?"

"What's going on with Stark?" The archer enquired, as he looked at Bruce. The doctor's brows furrowing, as he thought about the question.

"Um..............I...........I don't............"

"I caught Stark on his way back to his room last night. I thought that he was talking to one of his latest women, but when I went to catch him, there was no one with him. Then, he proceeded to have a conversation with this non-existent woman. Now, there are two options. First, Stark has learnt to throw his voice and the next thing we know he is gonna have his hand shoved up the back end of a dummy. Or second, something's going on with him. So........which one is it?" The archer explained. Bruce sighing as he took a seat on the stool behind him.

He himself had thought he had heard Tony talk to a woman the night before. Yet as he had made his way into his friend's lab, he too had saw nothing.........no one. The billionaire strangely asking him questions about guardian angels. Bruce not really sure what to tell the archer, apart from as far as he knew, Tony hadn't taken up ventriloquism. The doctor instead deciding to ask Clint the question that his friend had asked him.

"Do you think that that there are such things as guardian angels...........?" Bruce asked, as he looked at the archer. Clint's brows furrowing at the strange question that seemed to have nothing to do with anything.

"What.............?"

"Do you think that that there are such things as guardian angels...........?" Bruce asked again. The archer no less confused as he had been a moment before. The silence that had fallen between the pair, broken as Thor pushed his way into the room.

"How long has brother Stark been able to see his Vörðr?" The confused God of Thunder enquired, as he joined the other two men. Clint and Bruce returning the confused look.

"A Vor.........Vor.....what the hell is one of those?" The archer countered. Clint more confused now, than he was before. What with Bruce and his guardian angels and now Thor with his Vor..........whatevers, he was wishing that he had never started any of this.

"A Vörðr, brother Barton. A warden spirit, that follows the soul of every person from birth to death. I saw her with him as he went into the kitchen this morning. I had never thought to actually see one myself, even though I know that they exist. But that was what she is. There is no mistaking it." The God explained, as continued to look at Clint and Bruce. The three turning to look at the door as it was once again thrown open. The archer rolling his eyes, as Loki stormed in. His arms firmly crossed over his chest.

"Brother....................?"

"Since when has Stark been able to see his Vörðr?" The God of Mischief demanded to know. Seeming to think that one of the three men that were already in the room would know the answer to his question. Clint getting down from his seat and making his way to the door. The archer thankful that he hadn't actually been hearing things the night before. That neither he, nor Stark were losing their minds..........well, hopefully not.

"Clint..............?" Bruce called out. The archer turning to look at the doctor.

"Look........if the God of Sneer doesn't know what's going on, then I think that we should go to the source and ask the man himself. Maybe even this Vor..........Voro............this warden spirit of his." Clint said, before opening the door. Bruce and Thor looking at one another for a moment before both deciding to follow after the archer. Loki grumbling under his breath about, understanding why Stark had survived all that he had, before following after the others.

                                                               >>---------------------------------<<

Tony sipped on his second cup of coffee, as he made his way into his workshop. He felt so much better this morning. He felt completely refreshed, and ready to face the world again. The billionaire chuckling as he saw (Y/n) looking over all his ongoing projects. His brows furrowing as the guardian angel suddenly disappeared. The billionaire turning to see Bruce, Clint, Thor and Loki make their way in through the door.

"Before you ask..........I'm not interested.............." Tony said matter of factly, as the four other men looked at him."

"Not interested in what............?" Bruce enquired. Tony giving him a grin, before taking another sip of his coffee.

"I though you four were after a fifth for this little boy band thing that you have going on. It's nice of you to think of me, but I would go and ask Rogers if I were you." Tony chuckled, before picking up one of his old gloves that he had been fiddling with for some time.

"Where is she..............?" Loki blurted out, as he pushed past the others and made his way around the room. Still feeling a little irritated that Stark of all people would be able to see and speak to a being such as a Vörðr.

"What she...............?"

"You know what she..............your Vor........Voro............"

"Your Vörðr, brother Stark." Thor interrupted the archer, saving Clint from having to say it.

"Yeah.........that............."

"What the hell is one of those..............?" Tony countered. Shaking his head, as the God of Mischief continued to look around his workshop.

"A guardian angel, Tony. Your guardian angel to be more precise. It would appear that you can see yours. That you talk to her. Clint and I heard her. Thor and Loki, saw her.................."

"Wait..........you heard her? You heard (Y/n)............?" the billionaire asked in disbelief. Tony knowing full well that even though he could see her, he had never once heard her speak. Not sure how Bruce and Clint could hear her, when he couldn't. Thor and Loki staring in disbelief, as Tony called out for her, and his warden spirit slowly appeared by his side.