The Winter Guard - Part 1 - Bucky x Steve x Tony x Reader

She pulled her sleeve down, and her glove further up. Doing her best to ensure that the metal of her arm wasn't seen. Pushing her collar further up, so that no one could catch a hint of the Vibranium that wrapped itself around her neck or the slivers that were embedded into her face. She had no idea how she had managed to escape. No idea how she had been able to get away from those that had tormented her for so long. She presumed that it must have been by some twist of fate, that she had found herself out of their clutches. That the wiping of her memory for some reason hadn't worked this time, thought what had drawn her to the large city, she didn't know. Although, she had to admit that there were things that felt very familiar about it. Certain smells that made her smile. The appearance of certain buildings making her stop and stare.

She also had no idea how long that she had been held. No idea how long they had been using her for. But she was sure that given her mostly unfamiliar surroundings and the way that the people were dressed, it had been some time. A long time in fact. Yet, what she was to do now, she didn't know. All she could really recall, were the labs filled with whited coated doctors. So, how she was to survive in this city without resources. Without shelter, she wasn't quite sure. Though given what she had already managed to survive, this should be nothing.

"Hey! Watch were ya going." An angry voice called out, as she accidentally bumped into something. The woman turning around to be confronted by a very angry man.

"What are ya........blind or just stupid, you dumb bitch............?" The man continued, as he moved to stand toe to toe with her. Bumping his chest into hers. The woman reaching out on instinct and grabbing the man by the throat. Hosting him into the air, as he scratched at her gloved hand. His face turning blue, as the air slowly left his body.

                                                            >>---------------------------------<<

"Cap. You and Frosty the Snowman need to come with me." Tony said, as he poked his head around the common room door.

"What? Why?" Steve enquired with a slight groan, as he looked up from the book in his hand. Bucky sighing as Steve gestured for him to remove the buds from his ears. Both old soldiers hoping that they could enjoy a rare quiet day. Steve hoping that he could catch up on some of the books that had been published since he had been on ice. Bucky hoping that he could find some of this modern music that he could actually enjoy. But it appeared that the universe had different ideas and had an annoying billionaire as its messenger.

"I've just got a call from the 19th precinct. They brought someone in not long ago after an incident near Hell's Kitchen. And by the sounds of it, whoever this person is, they have no idea what to do with them. The captain told me that it might require our very own brand of expertise. Oh, and its urgent, so you might want to haul ass. I heard a lot of shouting in the background of the call." Tony explained. Bucky and Steve looking at one another for a moment before they jumped to their feet and followed after Tony.

                                                      >>------------------------------------<<

The trip to the precinct hadn't taken too long, despite the time of day. Tony, Steve and Bucky climbing out of the dark grey Range Rover and making their way up the few stairs to the black door of the old building. None of them quite sure what to expect given the strange, and cryptic phone call that Tony had received. Though given the fact that they had been called to actually go to the precinct to deal with something the city cops couldn't, meant that it must be a little something different.

"What the hell?" Bucky blurted out, as they made their way onside. The precinct appearing as though it had been ransacked. Either that, or a tornado had just been through. Paperwork, and furniture thrown all around. Broken glass everywhere and holes seemingly punched into the walls. A rather flustered and dishevelled looking police captain appearing from his busted up office.

"Captain Williams? It's a pleasure............." Tony began, making his way over to the pale haired, rather stout man and holding out his hand.

"She's in interrogation room one. I have every available able body in there with her. Given the way she looks, we presumed that she must have something to do with either you guys or S.H.I.E.L.D. But whatever the case, the guy she nearly choked to death, doesn't want to press charges. And we just want her out of here. So, if you wouldn't mind..............." The captain explained. Completely ignoring Tony's hand and making his way to the interrogation rooms. Tony just shrugging, as he looked at the two old soldiers, before all three of them followed after the older man. The trio stopping dead in their tracks as they reached the room. As they saw a couple of dozen officers with their guns drawn, all pointing them at a figure that sat at the table. The police parting ways as the three Avengers made their way a little further into the small room. Bucky's eyes in particular growing wide, as he and the others saw why they had been called in. The woman's right arm appearing just like his. Except with her, the metal also crept across her shoulder, and wrapped itself around her neck. Small slivers of it, as thin as fine wires, seeming to sit under the skin on her face. The breath catching in his throat, as he saw the two headed Russian eagle emblazoned on her arm.

"I............I think that you can leave this to us now. Thank you, captain." Steve said, as he came up behind Bucky. The three Avenger waiting, as the officers filed out of the room. Steve taking a seat across from the woman that was still to move. Still to look up from the table.

"Who are you?" The captain enquired, as Bucky remained in the doorway, and Tony leant against the wall. The woman slowly raising her head. All three men taken aback by what now faced them. Sure, that they had never seen anything quite like her in their lives.

"Who I am, I am afraid I can't really tell you. All I can remember is my name."

"Then what is your name............?"

"They call me the Winter Guard."