Immortal - Part 1 - Avengers x Reader

Once again, apologies for lack of updates. A stay in hospital and surgery made it impossible to write; but hopefully recovery will mean that I have just more time to write now that I am home. This one is going to include lots of characters, but I need to start with Nick.

Everything comes to an end............or does it? Everyone dies.............or do they?

She looked out of the door of her farmhouse. A small smile pulling at the corners of her lips, as the warm sun hit her skin. She had seen countless days like this; countless days like this in many parts of the world, but they never got old, and she knew they never would. But she had to make the most of this scene. Make the most of the smell of freshly cut hay that hung in the air. She had been at the farmhouse for many years now, and even though she did her best to keep herself to herself. Even though she disguised herself when she did have to go into town, she could feel that people were beginning to look at her strangely. The townsfolk that she had met when she first moved in, making remarks about how she still looked so young despite how she did her best to age herself; some even asking what her secret was. A laugh always just leaving her lips, as she told them that it must just be good genetics. Yet that would not work for much longer. Soon, she would have to sell up; she would maybe even have to pretend that she had died, just like she had done countless times before. She would have to find yet another place to live, until her features, her form caused more questions to be asked. Though it would be a shame, she had come to love this little enclave of the world, this little home; but things had to be done.........

Softly she sighed, as the aroma of the coffee filled her senses. The bitter, hot liquid warming her, as a sudden breath of cold air made its way through the screen door, hinting to the fact that before she knew it, winter would be there. Her little house, the land around it, once more covered in a heavy layer of snow. That soon, one more year would have passed. One more year to add to the countless ones that she had already been through.

Suddenly she looked up as she heard something; something that was out of the ordinary. Her hand reaching for an old shotgun, as a large, black car sped down the gravel driveway that led to her home. She didn't get visitors, well, not ones in fancy, big, black cars anyway. The now armed woman sure that it wasn't Orville of Lilith from the corner store where she got some of her food. Seriously doubting that the elderly couple would ever get rid of the old truck that she was sure the paired had had for most of their lives. The gun resting over the crook of her arm, as she opened the door, and made her way out onto the porch.

With a spray of stones, the unknown car drew to a halt. A loud click being heard, as she moved the barrels into place. The dangerous end of the weapon being pointed at a man, as he got out of the driver's seat and made his way to the rear of the car. The door being opened to reveal a rather tall man dressed all in black.

"Miss (Y/n)...............?"

"Your trespassing................" Came the reply. The man holding up his hands, as he slowly made his way forward. His eyes looking between the finger that lay over the trigger, and the woman's face.

"I don't mean to be. I would just like to speak with a Miss (Y/n). Are you her.............?"

"I doubt that (Y/n) would want to see you. Now, leave. Don't think that I can't use this................."

"Oh, I'm sure that you can. I am sure that you can use many weapons. Tell me, did you learn to use guns in the fourteen hundreds, or did you wait until you got to the new world..............?" The man interrupted, watching as she lowered her weapon.

"Who are you, and what do you want...................?"

"My name is Nick Fury.........and I just want to talk............." Nick explained. The director feeling a little happier, as she gestured for him to lower his hands.

"If I don't like what you want to talk about, Mister Fury, I'll be asking you to leave................"

"I understand, ma'am." Nick agreed, as he made his way up the few wooden steps to the porch. Nodding his head, as she opened the screen door and let him inside.

                                                  >>-----------------------------------<<

Nick looked around. It was like he had gone back in time. The walls of the rooms he had moved through were covered in all manner of items. But these weren't just mere trinkets of some modern tourist that they had picked up from the bazaars on their trips, no; if his intel was correct, then these things were real. Everything to from the Egyptian glass vessel on the coffee table, to the large claymore and Norse shield that hung on the wall, were very, very real.

"You have a lovely home. I am sure that there is many a museum in the world that would give a lot of money for what you have here..............."

"Nothing here is for sale, Mister Fury; so, if that is all you came to talk to me about, then you can just turn around and get back into that flashy car of yours." (Y/n) replied, as she led Nick into the kitchen, placed the shotgun on the table and turned to look at him.

"No, Miss (Y/n). I'm not really here to talk about all the things that you have managed to collect over the years................"

"Then what do you want, Mister Fury? I don't like visitors, especially ones that arrive unannounced. And I have things to do; so, I would appreciate it if you would just come out with it............."

"Well, I thought that the fact that you are an immortal would be reason enough to want to come and talk to you. Its amazing really, despite your very good attempts at aging yourself, I would say that you look not much older than.........thirty." Nick explained, as he pulled a chair from under the kitchen table and took a seat. His brows furrowing, as the woman in front of him gave him an amused look and let out an equally amused laugh.