A good man - Part 5 - Steve x Bucky x Reader

A new part for haileef123

The plane had finally got to its destination. The three passengers in the private jet taking their seats, as the aircraft began its decent. But instead of focusing his eyes on the world beyond the small window to his side in an attempt to see what might await them, Steve's eyes were firmly fixed on the ring on his finger.

It was strange that it felt so natural. That it felt like it belonged there. That watching (Y/n) slip the simple gold band on his finger, felt right. That the mere act had made him smile. It was true that he and (Y/n) hadn't spent too much time together, barely any at all in fact; but he strangely felt as though he knew her. That all the file that he had studied, the conversations with Nat that he had had about the beautiful agent, had given him an insight into what and who (Y/n) was. But all that said, he had to remember that all of this was only for this mission. That in truth, the ring was just a prop. Just there to help make the bad guys believe that he was who he was pretending to be. The relationship was a role. An act that would end as soon as they had done what they need to do. His heart suddenly feeling a little emptier than it normally did.

Bucky furrowed his brows as he watched his old friend. Noticing that the captain was focused on the ring on his finger. As much as they had fitted into this new world, a little of them, maybe more than they realised, had been left back in the 30s and 40s. Back in a time when things were a little different. But that said, they had also brought some of that time with them into this new century. They had brought hopes and dreams that may now seem old fashioned to some. But there it was..........

Bucky had always seen Steve as the kind of guy that would make some lucky girl the perfect husband. That he should have more than a couple of kids running around calling him daddy. And maybe if the world hadn't got in the way, that would have happened. It would have happened if some young lady had been able to past Steve's frail looking frame to the good man beneath. But as it was, the world had got in the way. As it was, his old friend had become Captain America. As it was, Steve had found and then lost Peggy, and given what they had to do in their everyday lives, finding someone to settle down with and try and have what some might describe as a normal life, seemed like an impossibility. But perhaps, the old soldier thought as he looked over to (Y/n), you should never say never. Bucky leaning over and placing his hand on his old friend's arm, causing Steve's eyes to move from the ring. The pair smiling at one another, as the wheels of the plane hit the tarmac.

                                                        >>----------------------------------<<

(Y/n) couldn't help but mess with the ring on her finger, as she looked out of the plane window. On one hand it felt strange, but then again it felt oddly right. She had never been one of those girls that had had a wedding planned out from a young age. Never one that dreamt of the beautiful dress and the big celebration. And when she had become an agent, her thoughts had been more on the job than a relationship, but then Brock had appeared. He was handsome, ruggedly so. He had made her laugh and had completely charmed her; promising her the world as they had laid in her bed. As he pulled her naked body close. His sweet words muddling her mind, as she came down from the high that he had caused in her. But she had quickly found out that that had all been a lie. That everything that he had said and promised had been just another way for him to integrate himself into S.H.I.E.L.D. That he had used her. That underneath that charming nature had actually been a cruel, vicious and remorseless killer. A man that had taken her heart and broken it into a thousand pieces. A man that had promised her that she would always be his, and that no one else would be allowed to have her, before he had disappeared. His warnings being one of the reasons that Fury had sent her to Europe. (Y/n) staying away from men, as much as she could, for fear of being hurt again. For fear that Brock might just appear out of nowhere and hurt someone if she got too close. But...........the more that she had read about Steve Rogers. The more of the old footage that she had seen of him. The more pictures that she had looked at, with him before the super soldier serum, she had found herself smiling. Had felt something grow inside her. Something she thought that she would never feel again. Yet she had to remember, that the ring that was on her finger, was not hers, it was Katherine Sullivans. That it hadn't been the captain that had placed it there, but Alexander. And that this was a role they had to play, and as soon as their job was done, things would be as they were. The sudden thump of the tires of the plane hitting the tarmac shaking the thoughts from her head. The agent taking a deep breath, as the jet pulled to a halt. (Y/n) seeing two rather large men standing by a stretch limo, as another, taller and thinner male stepped forward. (Y/n) looking over to the two old soldiers, as the pilot came out of the cockpit and opened the door. Steve and Bucky getting up from their seats and straightening their suits, before making their way down the three small steps and onto the tarmac. Steve holding out his hand and taking hers, as (Y/n) followed close behind. The captain's arm wrapping itself around her waist and pulling her close, as the tall man smiled.